Pregnant after IF
Options

Breaking out like a teenager-natural remedies?

This is really bad.  Please know that I am so thankful to have my all-day nausea and bloat from this successful IVF cycle.  However I am getting cystic acne like I did when I was a teenager (and also when I was PG with my son) and it is really, really painful.

I was wondering if anyone else has faced this (pun partially intended) and if they tried anything natural that worked or helped. TIA!

Re: Breaking out like a teenager-natural remedies?

• Options

I have tried everything and my skin is the worse it has ever been in my life.  Hopefully someone else has something that worked for them.

• Options
    JenCWJenCW member

My skin has been a disaster since a few weeks in.  I've never had a skin problem, so this is new for me.

I have been using a cleanser and toner that I bought at Whole Foods called Free&Clear (it's by a company called Nelsons) that has helped a bit.  Also, I am using only organic, mineral cosmetics, which is also helping.

I look forward to having my old skin back! 

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I don't have any advice but my skin is a mess too. It hasn't been great since my m/s last summer but now it's out of control.
    m/c 7/17/10
    Dx: MFI- 3% morph
    IUIs: Gonal-F + Ovidrel + b2b IUI= BFNs
    IVF with ICSI= BFP! EDD 11/25/11
    3/18- Beta #1 452! 3/20- Beta #2 1,026!! 3/27- First u/s- TWINS!
    Our twin boys arrived at 36w5d due to IUGR and a growth discordance

FET: Medicated FET moved up to 5/23 due to ovulation
    Transferred a 6BB hatched blastocyst- genetically normal female embryo
    BFP! 5/28- 5dp6dt      
    6/1 Beta #1- 223! 6/3 Beta #2- 567!

Be kinder than necessary, for everyone you meet is fighting some kind of battle.
  • Options
    You may want to look into using topical Erythromycin (need a prescription). I had to stop using the prescription cream that kept my adult acne completely at bay before I got pregnant per my dermatologist's instructions. She suggested topical Erythromycin, which is safe to use during pregnancy (she doesn't suggest using oral Erythromycin during pregnancy unless absolutely necessary), and started me on that after my OB gave me the ok. It's the only thing that has worked for me.  

DX: DOR and MFI 

IVF w/ICSI brought us our 1st precious miracle

V born via induction 4.29.11

TTC #2: IVF (MDLF) August/September 2012

ER 9/7: 6R, 5M, 4F ET 9/12: 5dt of 2 blasts 

+HPT 9/17! Beta #1 (9/25) = 1,000 Beta #2 (9/27) = 1,860 U/S #1 (10/11)...TWINS!

1/8/13 - It's a..boy and a girl!!   

S&B born via induction 5.8.13

imageimage

• Options
    I started using the Cetaphil soap and lotion for my face. I had acne horrible as a teen and came back with these fertility treatments. I used the Cetaphil then (along with Accutane) and it still works now.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options

imagekbeach82:
    You may want to look into using topical Erythromycin (need a prescription). I had to stop using the prescription cream that kept my adult acne completely at bay before I got pregnant per my dermatologist's instructions. She suggested topical Erythromycin, which is safe to use during pregnancy (she doesn't suggest using oral Erythromycin during pregnancy unless absolutely necessary), and started me on that after my OB gave me the ok. It's the only thing that has worked for me.  

Agreed!  I went to the derm and got Plexion cleanser and topical Erythromycin. (Both were cleared by my OB as well) I use the cleanser morning and night and the Erythromycin only at night. It's completely cleared up my skin.

TTC #1 since 8/09, Dx MFI 4/10
    IUI #1: 6/10 = Cancelled, IUI #2: 7/10 = Cancelled, IVF #1: 9/10 = BFP
    Baby girl arrived - 6/14/11

TTC #2
    IVF #2 - Oct/Nov 2012: 11/5 - eSET - 7 Frosties - BFP
    Baby girl arrived - 7/17/13 

TTC #3
    FET #1 6/21/18

• Options
    Thanks so much girls will ask my RE about this at my first ultrasound on Tuesday!
  • Options
    This sounds crazy, but my cousin swears diaper rash cream works. It's safe since it's meant for babies and she says it's the only thing that worked for her when pregnant. I have not tried it so I can't say from experience if it works...

Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options
    I also broke out after IF treatments and I switched to the Body Shop Seaweed Matte Facial Soap. Since I switched, nothing. I love the Body Shop products!!! Especially because most ingredients are natural and they do not animal test on finished product or ingredients. Good Luck :)  
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"