Pregnant after IF
Options

I feel a little ridiculous for this but...(NPR)

My little baby is getting spayed (sp?) on Friday and I am so emotional about it! She is just a little thing, about 4-5 pounds and I am so worried about her. I've never had a dog before so I've never had to go through this process. We are getting the full package for pain meds/antibiotics and we love her vet but my heart still breaks for her.

Are these pregnancy hormones or did you get a bit choked up about this too?

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: I feel a little ridiculous for this but...(NPR)

• Options
    When we got our dog fixed I got so anxious and emotional about it I decided to take the day off work. So you are perfectly normal.
  • Options
    I boo-hoo'ed my eyes out when we dropped off our Jack Russell Terrier to be fixed and we weren't even TTC at that point. It was so hard leaving him overnight and our house was so quite. My DH even hated it :(
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    JenCWJenCW member
    I'm sure it's a little bit of the hormones, but I get nervous and emotional every time either of my pups has to go in for a procedure.  It's scary to put them under, so I think it's normal to be worried.
  • Options

I say that's normal. Heck, I'm a wreck because my puppy won't stop limping due to a ripped toenail. So no judgment from me!

Hope the procedure goes perfectly!

DX: Severe MFI 
    IVF # 1 ~ Antagonist ~ ER 1/27/11~ ET 1/30/11 ~ + HPT 7dp3dt 
    DD born med-free on 10/24/11 
    Lilypie - (lZjk)
    IVF # 2 ~Antagonist ~ ER 6/5/13 ~ ET 6/10/13 ~ + HPT 4dp5dt 
    Lilypie - (OUlo)

• Options
    Aw, what a little peanut! I hope all goes well and she heals quickly.  My two ladies were absolutely fine the next day. 
    It took 5 failed IUIs and a failed IVF, but our FET worked!
    My pregnancy after Infertility Blog
    Our baby girl was born on April 27, 2011!
  • Options
    imageCallMeAl:

I say that's normal. Heck, I'm a wreck because my puppy won't stop limping due to a ripped toenail. So no judgment from me!

Hope the procedure goes perfectly!

Aw, poor thing. I hope the toe gets better!

• Options

imageJill070707:
    Aw, what a little peanut! I hope all goes well and she heals quickly.  My two ladies were absolutely fine the next day. 

That is so reassuring! Thank you so much. :)

• Options

The day I had Charlie (B&W in siggie) fixed was a rainy day, I mean pouring and I just had started my period so nope, it wasn't pregnancy hormones, maybe other hormones but I cried & cried when I got to my truck. I couldn't look at the dr because I was crying, he was my baby, he still is & you have those worries. I had to hold him when they gave him a shot & I put him in the cage. UGH!!

• Options
    I get misty-eyed no matter what we have to take our babies in for.  I cried leaving them to get spayed.  I tear up when they even have to get shots.  I am going to be a mess when it comes to taking a baby in for shots or any procedures!  But I'm a crier, big-time!
  • Options

imageSunshine05:
    I get misty-eyed no matter what we have to take our babies in for.  I cried leaving them to get spayed.  I tear up when they even have to get shots.  I am going to be a mess when it comes to taking a baby in for shots or any procedures!  But I'm a crier, big-time!

I was just telling my husband this! I think I feel bad because you are kind of tricking them in a sense. I better get my big girl panties on if I'm not going to cry at every dr appt!

• Options

I was emotional when we got my dog neutered...it was just 6 months ago.  I dropped him off at the vet and felt so badly leaving him! I went home to our lonely house and cried that he wasn't there. Ridiculous! I was soooo excited when they called me to come pick him up and he was perfectly fine. 

So, you're feelings are totally normal :) best of luck to your little baby.  

• Options
    My 4 lb Chihuahua was neutered a couple years ago and I was sobbing as I was driving into work after dropping him off!  I was so worried for him!  You're not alone and I think it's normal, not pg hormones lol.   
    Married 9/19/09
    Me (32) Dx PCOS, DH (32) SA = Normal/mild morph issues
    TTC#5 July 2017 - 3rd cycle TTC = BFP on 11/12/17 at 9dpo Beta #1 = 96 at 13dpo - Beta #2 = 207 at 15dpo
    TTC#1  starting Nov. 2009
    3 rounds of Clomid + TI and 3 rounds of 7.5 mg Femara + IUI before our BFP on 11/8/10 at 12dpiui
    TTC #2 3rd cycle of Femara 7.5mg+Ovidrel+TI = 4 follies = BFP on 10/12/12 
    TTC#3 July 2014 - Metformin +TI = BFP at 9dpo - Twins, one baby lost at 5.5 weeks 
    Macy Annabelle born at 37w4d on 4/29/15.  Diagnosed with Cri du Chat and passed away on 6/6/15.  Forever in our hearts.
    TTC#4 3rd cycle of Metformin + Femara 7.5mg+Ovidrel+TI = 3 follies = BFP on 12/24/16
    BabyFruit Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"