Birth Stories

My Labor of Love - Taryn Noelle

I still can't believe this is real! Taryn has been such ajoy. The labor was hard but good. I started early labor at 7am on March 15th. Iwent into the hospital at 9:30 with consistent contractions at 3 1/2 minutes.But, after no change from walking the halls for two hours at only 2 cm and 90%effaced (the same I was last week at my final doctor visit), they sent me hometo labor some more. At 6:30pm the contractions were extremely horrible and Ifinally couldn't take it anymore so we headed in at 9:30pm. I was admitted at4cm and requested an epidural immediately. It was rough receiving the epi (Ithink due to my scoliosis) but I am still so thankful for that epi! On a funny sidenote, the nurse suggested Jason breath along with me with contractions as theepi kicked in. I started yelling at him because he was breathing in my face andthat got us all laughing. Laughing during the contraction was so painful! Thestaff thought I would have very slow progression so we sent my family home toget some rest at 12. As the nurses switched shifts, they wanted to checkme.  Another funny note: the nurseswere kind of bantering as who should check me. I lifted my hands and said,?Ladies, ladies, there?s enough of me to go around.? Everyone was in hysterics.To everyone's shock, once they checked me, they found I was already 9 1/2!  I dilated 6cm in 2 1/2 hours, which isvery uncommon for first time mommas! We called my family and told them to turnaround...it was baby time! They had only just gotten home and thought we werejoking with them! We spent some time laboring down. I couldn't feel my legs atall and could not move my left leg to save my life. I pushed for a total of 20minutes (SO INSANE). The bag of water was there the whole time and the docfinally broke it right before Taryn was born.  I was able to see my progress with a mirror. I think ithelped me to push forward and figure out which pushing was most effective. Bythe end, I just kept pushing because I couldn?t rest. The pressure was toointense. I had a couple 2nd degree tears and apparently lost a lot of blood sothey were a bit concerned but I am recouping well. I was able to have her rightaway on my chest, skin to skin, for about an hour before they took her to weighand measure. It was so incredible to have that immediate bonding for so long!Taryn Noelle Huntsinger arrived March 16th, 2011, at 2:06am weighing in at 7.2and measuring 19 1/2 inches long. I left the hospital in the afternoon on March17th, leaving as soon as they were willing to release me. I just wanted to behome after having so many people coming into the hospital room every fiveminutes. Still, the staff at my hospital were INCREDIBLE. The whole experiencewas so amazing. Taryn has been great breast feeding. She has a great latch anda super suck (which will be a hard thing to get used to as it makes thingssuper tender). I am just loving all these experiences and trying to file awayevery memory. It has been a beautiful experience! 

imageimage

EDD 1/31/13, MC May 17. EDD 3/31/13, MC July 26. I miss you so much already my angel loves

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: My Labor of Love - Taryn Noelle

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"