Maryland Babies

do you know the Baby Bumble bee song?

This is like the "big" song in DD's class and she sings it all the time.  I have literally never heard of this song - all the other moms looked at me like I had 2 heads when I said I didn't know it. 

Maybe I missed that week at preschool???

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Re: do you know the Baby Bumble bee song?

• Never heard of it! Off to Google....
    Jen, mom to Evan-6yrs and Ella-20 months
  • Of course I know the baby bumble bee song!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Squishin' up the baby bumble bee?  Yep, I know it.

and now it's stuck in my head.  

• I know this song. For some odd reason I'm remember learning this girl scouts. Haha!

• imageFieryIrishAngel:

Squishin' up the baby bumble bee?  Yep, I know it.

Yup, this is how the one I know goes.

On a side note, does anyone know a Fishy song? (something like fishy, fishy, ____ bubble bubble bubble splash!) Complete with hand motions. Its DS's favorite school song and he becomes irate with me because I do not know how to sing along with him.

Lilypie Third Birthday tickersLilypie First Birthday tickers
  • imagemrs. remy <3:
    imageFieryIrishAngel:

On a side note, does anyone know a Fishy song? (something like fishy, fishy, ____ bubble bubble bubble splash!) Complete with hand motions. Its DS's favorite school song and he becomes irate with me because I do not know how to sing along with him.

I loved the bumble bee song.

Not sure if this is the baby fishy song, but I found this (work is very slow):

Baby Fishy

(Hold your hands, palms together, and make swimming motions. When saying Bubble, bring finger tips and thumb together and apart on each hand. Open fingers wide as you say SPLASH!)

Baby fishy swimming in the water

Swimming in the water,

Swimming in the water,

Bubble, Bubble, Bubble, Bubble, SPLASH!

Mommy fishy swimming in the water

Swimming in the water,

Swimming in the water,

(Use Slow, Deep Voice For Daddy Fishy)

Daddy fishy swimming in the water

Swimming in the water,

Swimming in the water,

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickersLilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
  • imagemrs. remy <3:
    imageFieryIrishAngel:

seriously - they need to send lyric sheets home for some of these kids songs.  I get in trouble when I don't know some song. 

• The: I caught a little baby bumble bee...wont my mommy be so proud of me...song?  I love it!  I learned it in brownies
    image DD#1-Lillian (Lilly) Grace BabyFruit Ticker BLOG:http://lifeasweknowitkelly.blogspot.com/
  • imageBunintheOven311:
    The: I caught a little baby bumble bee...wont my mommy be so proud of me...song?  I love it!  I learned it in brownies

I am sorry but this thread made me laugh.  How cute/hilarious that your LOs get upset that you don't know the lyrics - too funny!  And yes I do know the bumble bee song from girl scouts but it did take me a min.  I have never heard the fish song though...

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • imageKathrynMD:
    imagemrs. remy <3:
    imageFieryIrishAngel:

seriously - they need to send lyric sheets home for some of these kids songs.  I get in trouble when I don't know some song. 

There were times when Mia was clearly singing *something* but between me not knowing the song and her screwing up the words (she still sings "jinger bells" instead of "jingle bells"), I had no freakin' clue what the song was.  Drove me batty.

• imagemdmommy07:
    imagemrs. remy <3:
    imageFieryIrishAngel:

I loved the bumble bee song.

Not sure if this is the baby fishy song, but I found this (work is very slow):

Baby Fishy

(Hold your hands, palms together, and make swimming motions. When saying Bubble, bring finger tips and thumb together and apart on each hand. Open fingers wide as you say SPLASH!)

Swimming in the water,

Swimming in the water,

Swimming in the water,

Swimming in the water,

(Use Slow, Deep Voice For Daddy Fishy)

Swimming in the water,

Swimming in the water,

OMG OMG YES...that is it exactly. He will sit there in his crib while falling asleep at night (or first thing in the morning) and I hear him singing over the monitor "bubble bubble bubble bubble SPLASH!!" hahaha. hysterical. Thanks!!!

Lilypie Third Birthday tickersLilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Being a babysitter since 13 and having two much younger siblings I have memorized all barner, rafi, and disney songs...I am so cool in the eyes of Toddlers!! 
    image DD#1-Lillian (Lilly) Grace BabyFruit Ticker BLOG:http://lifeasweknowitkelly.blogspot.com/
  • imageBunintheOven311:
    Being a babysitter since 13 and having two much younger siblings I have memorized all barner, rafi, and disney songs...I am so cool in the eyes of Toddlers!! 

That should be barney

• I do know the baby bumble bee song but I don't know the fishy one
    imageBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • I know most preschool/camp songs but I worked in childcare for a long time not to mention almost 15 years of girl scouts :)
    Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickersLilypie Fifth Birthday tickers
  • So I'm listening to it now...never heard of it.  Oh well..guess I have a lot to learn.
  • Ye, you clearly missed out on some fun when you were a kid.  Stick out tongue
  • I know it too, also from Girl Scouts! 

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Happy Birthday, little man. We love you so much!

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    Search & Win
    My favorite money saving tip: I've earned more than $300 in gift cards (Amazon, Starbucks, Southwest!) using SwagBucks for internet searching - and you can too! It's FREE and EASY!
  • OK - so my Brownie troop sucked!  And apparently being a camp counselor never helped much either!
  • I was having a hard time remembering the hand motions to itsy bitsy spider!!
    Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"