LGBT Parenting

TTT

Welcome to Tuesday!

What are your 10 things?

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Re: TTT

• 1. CD12 U/S yesterday- 2 good follicles (11 and 12 mm), and am going in for another U/S Thursday (cd15) before triggering.

2.  A nurse is learning on me, and it's kind of fun.  She did my U/S yesterday and asked, "Do you usually have this much development at this point?"  I didn't know what she meant.  I had 6 follicles in total; 2 bigger ones. She then had the doc come in and double check her work and he saw the same thing.

3. Usually I have one, much bigger follicle at this point.  I'm not taking anything...  I guess I still don't know what Nurse Sarah meant!  The only other thing she said to me was that if both follicles continue to grow, we have a chance of multiples.

4.   I've been teasing K about having twins this whole time!  Maybe it's because there are so many AMAZING twin mamas here, but it just doesn't scare me.  She keeps saying, "Twice the bills!"

5.  I know chances of multiples are incredibly low.  I'm just praying for one baby!

6.  I'm totally cheating on TTT.  These have not been five distinct thoughts.  

7.  I can't wait to see Little Man and Peanut's springy pictures!

8.   I haven't been here as much as usual the past couple weeks b/c we had two house guests.  It was a momma and a 1 yr old baby!  The house is sooooo quiet without the LO.  We miss him :-/

9.   OH!  How could I forget?!  K said she's ready to look into fostering!  She actually said, "If we don't get pregnant this time", but I decided to go and ahead and start now :D

10.  I cannot find ANYTHING online about how to start, so we're going to an informational meeting on Apr. 11.  Can't wait! :D

• 1.  Congrats Mandy!  We did the exact same thing, went to our informational meeting and got our BFP the next week.  I hope it works the same for you! 

2.  I am really, really late for work.  I have been going in late to give Henry his 10am heart med but this morning I got sucked into a conference call and I haven't even showered.  Driving 30 min to work, only to leave at 3pm seems a little silly.

3.  We have our NT scan on Thursday!  I have half a mind to put it off a week or two - we have seen the baby so much recently!  Going from 3 times in 7 days and then having to wait 8 weeks to see it again it going to be tough!

4.   I can't believe the first trimester is nearly over.. it feels like it took forever but is flying by at the same time.

5.  I don't know why people now say 13 weeks and 3 days.  My ob said my second tri starts this Friday.  Her calculations sound much better.

6.  I got contact yesterday - for the first time in my life!  I have been wearing glasses since I was 8.  The jury is still out on them.. I feel like my nose is missing

7.  I can't wait for spring.  Snow, after a 70 degree weekend, is awful.

8.  We decided I would take an extended leave of absence from my job.  Beginning in May, I am taking a year to two years off.  Since K is a teacher, we plan to spend the summer enjoying each other (and quiet!) before the baby comes.

9.  As much as I am excited about being a stay-at-home mom, leaving work 5 months before the baby is born terrifies me.  I don't sit still well.  I am already looking for places to volunteer. But K keeps pointing out it defeats the purpose of giving me alone time to enjoy the pregnancy and my head space..cause lord knows that will all be gone come October.

10.  I hope I learn to garden well... 

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers BabyFruit Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • 1. I can't tell you how much I love warmer weather and longer days!  We went to the playground after school yesterday and then while I was making dinner, the kids played on the deck and in the woods behind the house. By the time bedtime rolled around, they were out like lights!

2. Carter keeps bringing up when he was lost at the movie this weekend. We've been talking a lot about it. Makes me sad that he was so traumatized by it. Of course it hasn't stopped him from running off/not staying with me.

3.  L is home sick today. I don't know if it is a cold or a reaction from blowing leaves this weekend that were probably full of mold (they were leftover from last winter.) Yes, we were bad homeowners.

4.  I met a really nice mom at the playground yesterday with a son about a year younger than the boys. The kids had a blast playing together. I hope we see them again since we really don't know other parents with similarly aged kids in our 'hood.

5.  It is almost margarita weather. Whoo hoo.

6.  I cleaned the grill this weekend. I still need to replace the propane tanks and then grilling season can commence. YAY!

7. We are going to a family Lego class at the Lego store this weekend. If the kids like it, we are going to sign them up for Lego classes on their own!

8. I can't believe it isn't even noon yet.

9. I would be 1000x more productive if my computer didn't have the internet on it. 

10. I heard a great quote this morning which totally applies to my work (social worker) "If the point of your conversation is to prove you aren't crazy, you've already lost." I need to tell this to some of my clients. :)

• 1. Tomorrow is our 2nd wedding anniversary. Smile

2. We don't know if LO is staying the night, staying the weekend, or moving in this weekend.  I'm waiting for an email from our agency.

3. One storm has passed and I am excited for the next to come.  I love rain, thunder, and lightning.

4. I wonder if 2moms is getting hit by the storms?

5. I am going to give Zumba a try, my weight is creeping up.

6. I turned 29 in December and things are changing.  I've gained 10 lbs (metabolism slowing down?!?!?), my skin feels a lot drier and my body aches.  This isn't how I imagined 29.

7. A goes back to school on Monday, I am going to miss her company.

8. Bobby Flay made his version of French Onion soup on Iron Chef yesterday and I've been craving it since.

9. I made onion focaccia which curbed the craving for onion soup but now I want both together.  With a load of melted cheese on top.

10. J and I watched videos yesterday of how McDonald's products (I can't call them food) are made, why is McDonald's legal?  J gagged and dry heaved through the videos while I watched in disgust.

• oh...#11 (a long one!)

About 2.5 weeks ago we lost Grayson's Leapfrog Explorer (handheld game.) We knew they were playing with them on a Sunday evening while we were tagging items for consignment but when I went to put them away after the kids were in bed, I could not find Grayson's anywhere. I hunted the house top to bottom, got pretty frustrated with Gray for not knowing where he put it, was shocked that the housekeepers didn't come across it when they were cleaning and was debating replacing it (which made me upset since 1) It HAD to be in the house although both L and I had turned the house upside down on more than once occasion 2) I already had to replace his when the volume stopped working.)

Last night while I was putting laundry away, I went to put L's socks away. She has some socks (nicer work sock) in one drawer and athletic socks in another. I opened the wrong drawer and lo and behold there was Gray's Explorer. She must have taken it from him for doing/not doing something, put it there, and forgotten about it. She almost never wears pants to work (and hence socks) so she hadn't been in that drawer. Sheesh. I was so happy not to have to buy another and felt like crap for giving Gray a hard time about losing his stuff. Embarrassed

• imagebutterflygrooves:

1. Tomorrow is our 2nd wedding anniversary. Smile

2. We don't know if LO is staying the night, staying the weekend, or moving in this weekend.  I'm waiting for an email from our agency.

3. One storm has passed and I am excited for the next to come.  I love rain, thunder, and lightning.

4. I wonder if 2moms is getting hit by the storms?

5. I am going to give Zumba a try, my weight is creeping up.

6. I turned 29 in December and things are changing.  I've gained 10 lbs (metabolism slowing down?!?!?), my skin feels a lot drier and my body aches.  This isn't how I imagined 29.

7. A goes back to school on Monday, I am going to miss her company.

8. Bobby Flay made his version of French Onion soup on Iron Chef yesterday and I've been craving it since.

9. I made onion focaccia which curbed the craving for onion soup but now I want both together.  With a load of melted cheese on top.

10. J and I watched videos yesterday of how McDonald's products (I can't call them food) are made, why is McDonald's legal?  J gagged and dry heaved through the videos while I watched in disgust.

I hear you on the body change once you hit 30 - On my 30th b day  I could not longer tolerate grilled onions or tomatoes and indigestion set in and i also notice the dry skin.... 

We did not really get any of that storm just like a spit. Wish we would have had thunder and lightning. 

oh i wanna see that MC movie what is it called?

HAPPY ANNIVERSARY !!!!!!!

- 2 Moms 2 Twins Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    our Blog -http://dosbabies.wordpress.com/
  • 1) I am horrible at this DOMESTIC DIVA sh**. I dont mind doing it but I just suck at it and I never know what to make for dinner. Not sure if I could do the stay at home mom thing - but i guess that would be my full time job

2) I hope the Peri releases Melanie from Bed rest - but I also want those babies to cook more.

3) Still feeling so overwhelmed with things going on.

4) How are we going to move and pack with just me doing it .. UGG

5) I need to start working out - i am loosing so much muscle mass and not taking care of myself .  Yesterday I had a episode of seriously blurred vision it and a head ache. It tripped me out

6) Inspection on house went well and now the termite inspection and meet with loan guy after Peri appointment.

7)Still waiting to feel those babies kick - at least my mom got to feel it 

8) Oh crap i need to dry my pants so we can go to Peri appointment. I hate having one pair of Jeans

9)  We are back to Owls theme for nursery - but cant find anything we like are we crazy for making stuff (i''ll answer that ) YES and hopefully we can commission a friend for our crib sheets

10).  sorry all ... AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH! Ok i feel better!

-J

1. I have to smile at the turning thirty posts...wait until you turn 40. You will wake up the day of your birthday and things will ache that never ached before. (BTW...the aching doesn't stop *sigh*.)
    2. (TMI) I told C the other day that I guess we are getting paid back for being quite amorous in the beginning of our relationship...let me just say, sleep trumps a lot WinkIndifferent.
    3. I wish we could be in my hometown this weekend...a lot of my family are going to be there.
    4. My sister, who I was never close to, has wanted to get closer and seek forgiveness from me. Uh, pay me back for all you stole and own up to all you put my nieces through and then we can talk.
    5. I always told C that I did not want us to have a house full of toys. Embarrassed...I keep wanting to buy this and that...oops!
    6. I miss my Wife and Kiddos so much right now!
    7. My (our) Peanut has me so wrapped around her finger that whenever she wants me to pick her up I do, even when I really need both hands.
    8. I haven't spoken to my oldest daughter in weeks...I feel like such a bad Mom.
    9. My Mom, who is not supposed to drive, drove herself to her own doctor's appointment. I don't know why, but I feel guilty!
    10. 2brides, if I bring the tequila and mix will you grill the steak for me Yes?

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

• image2moms2twins:

6) Inspection on house went well and now the termite inspection and meet with loan guy after Peri appointment.

9)  We are back to Owls theme for nursery - but cant find anything we like are we crazy for making stuff (i''ll answer that ) YES and hopefully we can commission a friend for our crib sheets

May I recommend Western Exterminator for the termite inspection?  Not sure if you already have someone but I used to work for that company and they are the best!

Owls theme is awesome!

Etsy Owl Set
    Night Owls
    Treetop Friends

• image2moms2twins:

1) I am horrible at this DOMESTIC DIVA sh**. I dont mind doing it but I just suck at it and I never know what to make for dinner. Not sure if I could do the stay at home mom thing - but i guess that would be my full time job

2) I hope the Peri releases Melanie from Bed rest - but I also want those babies to cook more.

3) Still feeling so overwhelmed with things going on.

4) How are we going to move and pack with just me doing it .. UGG

5) I need to start working out - i am loosing so much muscle mass and not taking care of myself .  Yesterday I had a episode of seriously blurred vision it and a head ache. It tripped me out

7)Still waiting to feel those babies kick - at least my mom got to feel it 

8) Oh crap i need to dry my pants so we can go to Peri appointment. I hate having one pair of Jeans

10).  sorry all ... AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH! Ok i feel better!

-J

Jay has been awesome at being our domestic Diva!  I think she has been making better meals then I do.  hopefully after today I will be back on my feet!  Love you DW!

1. I love mandykatie's #7. So sweet. Unfortunately we'll have to wait another week because we never got to the photo place last weekend.
    2. Busy work period + mommy brain = disaster. Some days I feel like my brain is swiss cheese. Ugh.
    3. We could get out of the house a lot faster in the morning if the kiddos weren't so darn cute. I mean really, how do you not stop and pull out your cell phone when you see this (Little Man "reading" this morning)?:
    4. I wish we all were home hanging out with Mama right now. I am so jealous of S's mid-week day off.
    5. S really loves TTT. She made sure to ask me if the wireless internet was working in the house last night. I asked her what she needed it for and she said "TTT, of course!" Well, it's more fun than paying bills, right?
    6. Some days I wish I were still in grade school so I could get someone to write me a note to let me out of meetings.
    7. TMI Alert... I am wearing pants with pockets in a funny place, and when I put my hands in my pockets, I can feel the part of my "twin skin" that hangs down. Gross.
    8. I am letting my milk supply go (cutting down on the meds, cutting out pumping sessions), and it is making me a little sad.
    9. I guess it will be NTT for me because I am off to a meeting!
    married 03/08/08 -- ttc with PCOS (dx 2005) & DS
    IUI #3 gave us the best 2nd anniv. gift ever: 2 babies! (born 03/09/10)
    Peanut and Little Man are getting so big! 2 years old already!
    finally blogging again at This Will Be: An Adventure
  • 1. I took DD to pajama story time at the library last night. I asked the librarian for some book rec's to read to DD to help with her bedtime fears. She gave us some suggestions and said to lean toward books that empower her. Hoping that helps.

2. We read two of the books last night and talked about her having control of her dreams. Bedtime was a bit shorter...fingers crossed...yawn.

3. Mmm...margaritas. Thanks for the suggestion 2brides...I'll be right over.Wink

4. It's partly sunny here today...spring is on its way!

5. My desk is a mess right now...can't everyone just leave me in quiet to clean up the mess?

6. I will have most of the weekend to myself as my GF has training Saturday and then work Sunday and DD is at her dad's. Now if only I can get motivated for my chores instead of being lazy and reading and watching bad tv and playing word games!

7. My BFF and her hubby are in a rough patch. Yesterday she couldn't even talk to me on the phone or see me because she knew she would break down. I just talked to her and she sounds a bit better today and I am relieved.

8. My dad is retiring in May. He is not the serious traveling type and doesn't have many hobbies. I'm curious how he will fill his time.

9. I have an appointment to see an allergy doc on Thursday and get allergy testing done and talk about med options because what I've been taking isn't working. In order to get the testing I have to be off all meds for a week. Sniffle...sneeze.

10. It's lunchtime and I'm going to have grilled cheese and tomato soup...mmm.

• 1) mmmm...grilled cheese and tomato soup

2) I'm bummed we had to reschedule RB's surgery.  I was mentally prepared and just wanted to get it over with. 

3) how is it only tuesday?

4) one of my coworkers reminds me so much of my brother its uncanny - and random :P

5) hmm, when to get the kids' easter pics done?

6) our yard is a complete disaster but we dont have the time to put into it. I've been getting quotes from landscapers and it kills me to have to spend the $ on something i know i coudl do.  but again...the time...

7) i'm dying for a night out.  I'd head straight to the melting pot.

8) I think i want to rent Big Love.  It seems like a show i would like.

9) maybe i'll sign up for a free netflix trial just to get it.

10) whoops, just found out netflix is blocked on my work server...

• imagethiswillbe:

We could get out of the house a lot faster in the morning if the kiddos weren't so darn cute. I mean really, how do you not stop and pull out your cell phone when you see this (Little Man "reading" this morning)?:image

Too cute!!

We definitely ran late this morning... and part of it was how cute Gwen was being playing in "her house" that Trav made her from a giant cardboard box. 

Maybe I don't have a heightened sense of smell, but I've never smelled any vagina on my pants. -- TSD

Bloggity Blog - You know you want to...
    1. 1. I am on a bus right now, superly late to visit a client.

2. I stayed home sick yesterday after I woke up with a fever.  I still feel bleh, but am back to work since the fever is gone.

3. My DW thinks I'm silly for reading/participating here since we're not TTC yet.

4.  I got my award for being a good employee, yay!  The money is going towards the high cost of plane tickets, but regardless it is nice to get.

5. I want melting pot too.  :)  And margaritas and grilled meat!

6.  We checked out TTC books from the library, but haven't followed through on reading...  The money and the fear of infertility and need to lose weight are scary.

7. We have so many thoughts and plans for the future that it feels like we can't share with anyone (moving, TTC timeline, etc. etc.)

8. I should have just walked, this bus is so slow. 

9. Late winter/early spring is a really boring time.

10. Apparently the ice cream trucks think its spring, because the school I just passed has 3 of them plus a Spanish ice cart. 

TTC with PCOS since July 2011.
      IVF Oct/Nov 2012
      Beta #1 = 77, Beta #2 = 190, Beta #3 = 1044
      Cautiously optimistic.
    2. 1. I'm ready for the weekend now.  ::sigh::

2. I have my yearly GYN appt on Friday. Not that the appointments are so fun, but it will be neat to go back to the Birth Center and see all the midwives! 

3. I am happy I'll finally get to ask someone about my, ahhh... non-existent libido. Embarrassed

4. I have a cold, which stinks. I hate the runny nose... especially since I start to look Rudolph-like by the end of the day thanks to all the nose blowing. 

5. The phone-sex voice is kind of fun though... LOL. 

6. Starting hopefully next week, I'll get to work from home one day a week!! I'm so excited for getting back the time I normally use on transportation and getting ready to get out of the house. 

7. I'm going to cook a big, nice dinner! Suggestions? 

8. This is completely selfish... but I'm sad thinking that I might never get the pictures from Gwen's one year photo shoot. I don't know what my photogs husband is going to do about all that kind of stuff, but I'm guessing I'm out of luck. 

9. I have been entering giveaways on blogs recently and just won Gwen a new wooden (eco-friendly) toy! Yay! We picked this cute abacus.

10. I'm really looking forward to the next few weekends... I have some really fun stuff coming up!!!  Big Smile

Maybe I don't have a heightened sense of smell, but I've never smelled any vagina on my pants. -- TSD

Bloggity Blog - You know you want to...
    3. imageMeegs10.13.06:

3. I am happy I'll finally get to ask someone about my, ahhh... non-existent libido. Embarrassed

FWIW, once I stopped BFing it came back...well, it made an appearance. It still was really low since I felt like I always had someone attached to me, was sleep deprived, etc - but I did notice a huge difference once they weaned.

4. Late as usual.

1.  Ella i still not asleep.  I am getting very irritated.  I am not happy about this new crappy bedtime routine.

2.  She was asleep for about 20 min.   I am annoyed.

3.  S has one more midterm and then she is done thank goodness.

4.  We got a new light weight stroller and I love it (uppa baby g-luxe)

5.  CT-you should get big love it is awesome

6.  We are getting Ella's easter pictures done Sat.  I hope her cold is better by then.  The have live bunnies for the pictures.  I am so excited.  I am also pumped because my mom bought E the cutest dress for the pictures.

7.  I am trying to make a headband to match the dress.  I am having trouble. getting it together.  Thankfully there is a really cute hat that goes the dress.

8.  The dress was more than anyone should buy a dress for a toddler for but god is it cute.

9.  Finally got E to sleep.  I now realize how lucky we are that she normally goes down so easily.

10.  I have to correct a quiz and I so don't want to!

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
    5. image2moms2twins:

-J

Have you seen the owls bookends?  I have seen two different sets on line and just saw one in a store yesterday.   They are so ridiculously cool.  I not-so-secretly want them for myself.  Let me know if you want the links.  I also am in love with these owl nesting dolls.  But again, because I oddly think nesting dolls are so cool. 

This discussion has been closed.
    Choose Another Board
    Search Boards
    "
    "