Cincinnati Babies

What kind of cup does your 3-4 year old drink out of?

We need to replace Ava's cups.  She uses the Nuby cups with the latex spouts and they're all really worn.  Awhile ago I went out in search of the replacements, but they started making them slightly different and the ones that are out there now don't fit her cups.  I emailed Nuby at that time to see if I could order from them, never got a response and just kind of let it go, but we're down to three (barely) useable spouts now.  I'm wondering if we should buy new sippy cups, or something more like a regular cup with no lid and start practicing with that.  She's 3.5.  I know that she can drink from a regular cup, and we do only let them drink when they're seated at the table, but she's still little and clumsy--a lid just gives me peace of mind when I can't supervise every second.  What does your 3-4 year old use regularly?

Ava Caroline 8.27.07 I Charlotte Grace 5.18.09 I Lila Katherine 1.20.11

Re: What kind of cup does your 3-4 year old drink out of?

• DS has used just regular cups at home since about 2 1/2 years old. We only fill kids size cups about 1/2 way and he has to keep his cup at the table. He did really well with regular cups.  Our day care lady who watches 6 kids in her home has a sippy style cup for all the kids no matter what age. Each child has an assigned color/style cup so they know which one is theirs.
  • We use the Playtex cups. Jack will occasionally use a big kid cup with no lid, but with 3 little ones I know what you mean when you need peace of mind:)
    Photos taken by Becky Thompson
  • Loading the player...
  • For meals, Jack uses a regular cup, filled 1/2 way.

Otherwise, we invested in a few of these.  https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B001E1J1WC/ref=pd_lpo_k2_dp_sr_1?pf_rd_p=486539851&pf_rd_s=lpo-top-stripe-1&pf_rd_t=201&pf_rd_i=B000O3GCEG&pf_rd_m=ATVPDKIKX0DER&pf_rd_r=0J0YEEVC7H1MEPK21KXH

They are kindof pricey, but I found them 1/2 price an Meijers so I bought 4 of them.

I like them because Sawyer can't open them so they aren;t sharing each others drinks. Plus they stay cold forever.

Someone else recommended them to us (maybe Katie?!) and we really like them.

GL!

• Caleb has milk in the morning when he first gets up and he has it in a sippy since it goes all over the house with him.  We have always used the $.99 ones from Target.  For meals he has been wanting a "big boy" cup.  We just bought some really nice plastic ones dirt cheap from Ikea.  I let him use these during the day too for water but it has to stay at the table.  If we are out and about he uses the Playtex straw cups that have a valve. 

Have you looked at the Tupperware cups with lids/spouts?  There's no valve so it would spill a little, but not as bad since there's a lid.  I'm pretty sure they still make/sell them.

Jennie Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Our DS uses regular cups, I am not even sure I have any sippy cups anymore.  He began using regular cups totally since about September because they only use regular cups in his preschool so since he could use these fine thats what we did too.  I go the cups, plates, and plasticware from Ikea.
  • Thanks for the input and ideas ladies!  I had no idea what to get. 

I went to BRU tonight and ended up getting some regular cups (like the ones from IKEA but I guess they're by Munchkin) for mealtimes and also these tumblers for school, going out and about, etc. 

I was so nervous because she's been very particular about her cup the past (almost) 3 years, but she really likes the idea of big girl cups.  Hooray!  It's so nice when they decide to make a transition an easy one.  :)

Ava Caroline 8.27.07 I Charlotte Grace 5.18.09 I Lila Katherine 1.20.11

• I'm late here, but DS mostly uses Camelbacks since he eats lunch at school five days a week and will only drink water :)  At home he really likes this big travel water bottle.  He's an H2O kid! 

Married 12.27.03

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"