Detroit Babies

s/o M2M sales, worth it to sell?

This is my last LO, so after we're done needing baby items I'll be wanting to clean out my basement.  Usually we just donate about 2x a year to Salvation Army or Goodwill, but I guess if we could recoup some of the $ spent on the girls it'd be worth it to try to sell.  Garage sales don't go real well on my street because its still 1/2 undeveloped (5 years after moving here, thank you economy).

I'm on the North side and know there's a big one at least once a year in Lake Orion, I'm in a local MOMs club and have seen some mentioned.  Just didn't know as a seller if you found it was worth your time; if you actually made enough money to justify going to them.  By the time DD2 is done with her infant seat it will be approaching its expiration date so I'll likely donate that to the local family services for foster families to use (I know they take old carseats).  But we'll have things like a high chair, swing, etc.  And a boatload of clothes.  How do the "department store" style ones work (aka how do you get paid for your clothes).  Is there a FAQ somewhere a n00b like myself should check out?  Wink

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

DD1, Kathleen 9/15/2007

imageimage

Re: s/o M2M sales, worth it to sell?

• you price your own stuff. i am planing a M2M sale in West Bloomfield for April 30th. If you are interested in trying to sell some of your stuff round tables are renting for $15 or 2 for $20 and long tables are $20. Let me know if you are interested. :o)
  • imageeaduvall:
    you price your own stuff. i am planing a M2M sale in West Bloomfield for April 30th. If you are interested in trying to sell some of your stuff round tables are renting for $15 or 2 for $20 and long tables are $20. Let me know if you are interested. :o)

I'm probably a year off from selling, was just planning ahead... I'm not due until June.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

DD1, Kathleen 9/15/2007

imageimage

• Loading the player...
  • I sold DS's stuff after XH and I divorced and I didn't have anywhere to store them. I sold most of the big items, just keeping a few key things that I could store. I also sold some of the clothes, just the ones I didn't care for as much. I wanted to keep some things that I loved for when I had kids again. I want to say I ended up making about $400. As far as clothes go, it really depends on the brand and the condition they are in. Nicer brands, I would sell for maybe $3 a piece if they are in good condition, everything else, maybe $1.
    PhotobucketBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker PhotobucketBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"