Maryland Babies

Need Reviews for Acupuncture (Alice Chen) in Ellicott City

Hi!  I usually don't post on this board, but thought maybe someone could help.

I'm going to Shady Grove in Columbia and will be starting my first IVF cycle soon.  I decided to look into acupuncture for fertility.  They gave me the name of a few places.  I get a 25% discount through my insurance company if they are in their network.  Of course only one of the three they referred me to are in thier network.  And I cannot find any reviews on the web to save my life (although I found reviews for the other places that aren't covered - go figure).

Her Name is Alice Chen in Ellicott City.  Anyone used her???

Or even, can anyone recommend an acupuncturist?  Maybe they'll be in my network?!?!?  (I work in Baltimore Co but live near Gettysburg - so anyone in Howard, Baltimore, or Carroll Counties could work for me). 

Thanks for any help you can provide!  Smile

My Journey to Motherhood
Me 36, DH 42
7.5 years of TTC ... It never gets any easier.

Baby Girl # 1
TTC Since January 2009
Reproductive Endocrinologist diagnosed us "Unexplained Infertility".
After 3 years . . . 3 IUIs . . . and 3 IVFs . . . our miracle GIRL arrived on August 6, 2012.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Baby Girl # 2
TTC Since June 2013
Got pregnant on our own without Fertility Treatments - January 2016!  Thank you snow storm Jonas!
EDD 10/15/16
At 20-week anatomy scan found IUGR (Intrauterine Growth Restriction), and very low Amniotic Fluid.  Now, I'm High Risk and have weekly ultrasounds to monitor fluid and growth.  If baby runs out of room or is too growth restricted, they will deliver ASAP.  My current goal is to make it to 28 weeks!   

Pregnancy Ticker

Re: Need Reviews for Acupuncture (Alice Chen) in Ellicott City

• I've set up an consolt appointment with her (Alice Chen) to meet her, ask some questions, and see what I think.

I've also set up a consolt at Ojas Wellness Center in Owings Mills (with Lisa Beach).  Not sure if anyone has gone there?

Anyway, I'll met with them both, and see what I think.  I'm hoping I get a good feeling from one (or both) of them.

My Journey to Motherhood
    Me 36, DH 42
    7.5 years of TTC ... It never gets any easier.

Baby Girl # 1
    TTC Since January 2009
    Reproductive Endocrinologist diagnosed us "Unexplained Infertility".
    After 3 years . . . 3 IUIs . . . and 3 IVFs . . . our miracle GIRL arrived on August 6, 2012.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Baby Girl # 2
    TTC Since June 2013
    Got pregnant on our own without Fertility Treatments - January 2016!  Thank you snow storm Jonas!
    EDD 10/15/16
    At 20-week anatomy scan found IUGR (Intrauterine Growth Restriction), and very low Amniotic Fluid.  Now, I'm High Risk and have weekly ultrasounds to monitor fluid and growth.  If baby runs out of room or is too growth restricted, they will deliver ASAP.  My current goal is to make it to 28 weeks!   

Pregnancy Ticker

• I saw Beth Grubb-Li and she is fantastic. I wasn't seeing her for fertility reasons although I know she does do that work. She did try to help get my cycle straightened out since it was messed up after having my second child. I guess it worked because I ended up getting pregnant with twins. It's expensive but she is a wonderful person.
  • Loading the player...
  • Jade Connelly- Duggan M.Ac., L.Ac.
    Acupuncture
    Wellness Consulting
    jade@wisdomwell.info
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • I don't have any suggestions for acupuncture, but my hubby and I also got treatment at Shady Grove and had a great experience and I wanted to wish you the best of luck!  I hope you have your baby belly soon!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"