New Jersey Babies

Hackensack Medical Center

My apologies if this has been asked already.  I tried searching, but TB's search doesn't always work.

Has anyone delivered in HUMC?  Are they all private rooms?  I've tried researching online and have found conflicting information. 

Thanks in advance!

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: Hackensack Medical Center

• I switched from an OB affiliated w/ HUMC to Englewood.  You should be aware that the C-Section rate at HUMC is one of the highest in the state (not why I switched, but is good to know in advance) - I think it is around 51%. 

I had such a positive experience at Englewood - everyone we encountered was "on the ball", professional and could not do any more to make us all any more comfortable....from the nurses, pediatricians  to the staff that delivered meals. 

• I am delivering at Hackensack and to answer your questions, yes, it is all private rooms.

I have heard nothing but great things about Hackensack so that is why we chose that hospital.    

• Loading the player...
  • Thanks for the comments on Englewood, I will be delivering there and was curious about it!
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers
  • If you have any further questions (even silly "do they provide" questions), feel free to PM me. 
  • I delivered there and yes, the rooms are private.  We had a wonderful experience there - from babycare, to the nurses, to the room, to the food :) 
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Thanks for the feedback everyone!

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • I delivered at HUMC and have nothing but good things to say about it.  The rooms are all private and the nursing staff is AMAZING.  Everyone I know who delivered there had a fabulous experience.  Myself included. 

PP said something about the C-section rate being high there... I think that's a matter of your doctor's recommendations (and your own personal preference) rather than the hospital.  I didn't have  C-section, nor did I want one and my doctor was well aware of how important it was for me to deliver vaginally.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"