Pregnant after IF

When to test after 5dt?

Hi Ladies,

I just had my first IVF and ET was yesterday (3/16).  They transferred 2 blasts and now I'm in my 2ww. Beta is scheduled for 3/28 (12dp5dt) but from what I've been reading, that is the conservative route for waiting for Beta #1. I will be at work nervously waiting for the call w/ the beta results so I was planning to POAS before beta so I have a "heads up".  

Question for you is when was the earliest you tested and got your true result (i.e. no false negative)? Thank you!

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: When to test after 5dt?

• I got my first + 5dp5dt.  I tested the day before and it was -.  And I'm having twins.
  • I would wait until at least 7dp5dt but if you are scared of getting a false negative, wait until 9dp5dt. Just my opinion! Good luck! :)
    After 3 years, 3 losses, and 3 IVF's, our little girls have arrived! Lilypie Premature Baby tickers Zoo
  • Loading the player...
  • I got my first BFP at 4dp5dt. It was a very faint line and it got darker every day after that. I tested on 3dp5dt and it was BFN.
    TTC Since 01/09
    Unexplained IF
    Clomid cycle 1-3 - BFN IUI 1-3 - BFN 
    IVF 1 - BFP 4/4/11 - It's a boy!
    FET 1 - BFP M/C 6/14
    IVF 2 - 33R/19F 12 PGS resulted in 5 normal embies
    FET 1 scheduled 12/10/14
      Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Good luck!!  I'm not a big fan of testing early, I've found the "is it a true BFN, maybe it was too early" limbo way worse to deal with than the 2ww.  I would wait until 10dp5dt, just so you know that it's a for sure answer. 
  • jcathjcath member

I tested at 7dp 5dt and had the very faintest line but it was so faint I convinced myself I made it up - I wished I'd waited one more day.  At 8dp5dt I got a positive on a digital and my beta was the next day.

Good luck!

• JenCWJenCW member

I tested for the first time between 8dp5dt and 9dp5dt - I did the test in the middle of the night - and it was negative.  That was a horrible day, so of course, I did tons of internet searches and found that it may be too early.

I decided to test again at 10dp, and it was positive.  I tested again at 11dp just to make sure, and it was positive again.  My Beta was on 12dp5dt.

I guess if I had to give advice based on my experience, I'd say wait until 10dp.

GL!!! 

• I got a positive on 6dp5dt but it was dark enough that I probably would have gotten a positive earlier if I had tested the day before. I'm 8dp5dt today and got a dark line this morning. My beta is tomorrow at 9dp5dt. Good luck!
    m/c 7/17/10
    Dx: MFI- 3% morph
    IUIs: Gonal-F + Ovidrel + b2b IUI= BFNs
    IVF with ICSI= BFP! EDD 11/25/11
    3/18- Beta #1 452! 3/20- Beta #2 1,026!! 3/27- First u/s- TWINS!
    Our twin boys arrived at 36w5d due to IUGR and a growth discordance

FET: Medicated FET moved up to 5/23 due to ovulation
    Transferred a 6BB hatched blastocyst- genetically normal female embryo
    BFP! 5/28- 5dp6dt      
    6/1 Beta #1- 223! 6/3 Beta #2- 567!

Be kinder than necessary, for everyone you meet is fighting some kind of battle.
  • I got my positive at 6dp5dt.  That was the 1st day I tested.

Good Luck!!

• Thank you for sharing! To be safe I will try to wait until 10dp5dt. Wish you all a h& h 9 months and hope to join you here soon :)
  • I tested at 7dpt and got my BFP. I couldn't wait any longer... Good luck!!!
    TTC since November 2009. DH diagnosed with sperm antibodies. IUI #1 = BFN IUI #2 = BFN On the road to IVF.... Egg Retrieval Jan 21, 2011 16 eggs retrieved Egg transfer Jan 26, 2011 Only 2 viable eggs transferred. 1 IVF, 1 ICSI IVF #1 = BFP :-) 10/3/11 No heart beat at 38 weeks: Our baby Jack became an angel 12/14/11 = natural BFP Rainbow baby Samantha Jacklyn born8/8/12. Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"