Maryland Babies
Options

Catonsville/Columbia OB-GYN Recomendations

Hello all.  I have mostly been lurking here, but thought that I would ask.  Do any of you have any OB recs in the Catonsville Columbia area.  I am due late October and am having trouble getting appointments with my first choice doctor, and thus I am tired of driving all the way to Gambrills to see a different doctor.  I would prefer a female doctor.  Thanks for your help

Re: Catonsville/Columbia OB-GYN Recomendations

• Options
    My OB is in Clarksville which is not far from Columbia - Capital Womens Care. I really like them. The office is 3 female Drs, 1 male Dr, and 1 female midwife (who doesn't do deliveries, just appointments).

BFP#1: 01/10, M/C 6w
    BFP#2: 06/10, M/C 5w
    BFP#3: 09/10, DS born June 1, 2011
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

BFP#4: 07/12, M/C 5w3d
    BFP#5: 12/12, EDD 08/18/13
    Pregnancy Ticker

My Blog: Decorate This
  • Options

imageSarahKate31:
    My OB is in Clarksville which is not far from Columbia - Capital Womens Care. I really like them. The office is 3 female Drs, 1 male Dr, and 1 female midwife (who doesn't do deliveries, just appointments).

This is where I went too! Loved everything about it except my delivering doctor. It was just luck of the draw though, but unfortuantely he is the reason we are looking for a new doctor.

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    I use Esposito, Hogan, Mayer and Associates. They have you see a MW for the first xx months (if you don't have problems with the pregnancy) and then can move to a OB if desired. The office is clean (bad experience before) and the staff is really friendly and efficient.
  • Options
    capital Womens Care in Clarksville delivered my third. I agreewith PP. The male dr is the main reason I left that practice, but I also had a few difficulties with the office staff.  
  • Options
    May I ask what was the issue with the male Dr at CWC? I am just curious because my friend said she had a great experience with him delivering her son. You can PM me if that's better!

BFP#1: 01/10, M/C 6w
    BFP#2: 06/10, M/C 5w
    BFP#3: 09/10, DS born June 1, 2011
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

BFP#4: 07/12, M/C 5w3d
    BFP#5: 12/12, EDD 08/18/13
    Pregnancy Ticker

My Blog: Decorate This
  • Options

imageSarahKate31:
    May I ask what was the issue with the male Dr at CWC? I am just curious because my friend said she had a great experience with him delivering her son. You can PM me if that's better!

He was great when I had a couple of visits with him during my routine visits. My friend whose sister in law worked at HCGH referred to him as the butcher, and I know why. I was in labor for only 6 or so hours when he told me I would need a c section due to "failure to progress". I felt like he just wanted to get it over with. DD ended up going into distress, so I ended up with an emergency c section, but I just didn't appreciate his quickness to offer the c section, especially when I hadnt even been on pitocin for an hour.

At my 6 week check up, he was all business. Don't get me wrong, I know he is a great doctor, but it just wasn't the personal experience I was hoping for.

• Options
    I just started using The Women's On-Gyn Group in Columbia (they deliver at St. Agnes).  It's an all women practice with like 8 doctors.  So far so good and I have a couple of friends who recommended them as well. 
  • Options

I highly recommend Hoffman and Associates in Catonsville.  I have worked as a doula at births with clients of theirs for a few years and recommend them if you are seeking an OB practice!  They are an all woman practice.  I live and teach childbirth classes in Catonsville as well.  Many of my students use them and are very happy with their approach.  Feel free to pm me for more specifics or with any other questions.  I have other recommendations but Hoffman's group seems to fit your request the best.

Dani 

• Options
    sorry to chime in late--I am new to this board.  I have an almost 3 year old and a 5 1/2 year old but never knew this board existed.  (I am normally on the general parenting board).  I go to capitol womens care in clarksville and my experiences have been great.  yes the male doctor is totally impersonal but he has always been an excellent diagnostician with me and is probably the most seasoned doc there.  My favorite doc there is dr. Pilevsky but I think she only works part time so it is really hard to get appointments with her.  she is in her early 40's (maybe younger) with 3 kids and she is extremely personable AND knowledgeable and I love the way in which she explains things.  I also like the staff there and whenever i would call with a question they always got right back to me.  Of course you cannot choose which doc is going to deliver you...BTW the womens group that delivers at st agnes is supposed to be really good.  when i was looking for ob's, they were so booked up they were not taking new patients (but this was over 3 years ago)  GL!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"