Maryland Babies

Baby intro! (Kinda long with pics)

Hi everyone, I have been MIA lately for the obvious reason, I had my son!  Colby was born a week ago today (crazy it's already been a week).  He was 21 1/2" and 9lbs 15 oz.  BIG boy.  Nothing fancy about my delivery story:

Monday--started early labor...didn't know, but I was at Chilis with my mom and started contracting (pretty close apart) but nothing that had me super worried since my due date was technically the next day.

Tuesday--contractions were worse, but I still went out and got lunch, took a LONG walk and by the time I got home, felt like I needed to go to the hospital.  DH came home early and we left.  Got to FSH and they checked...only 2 cm dilated (I was 1 a week before).  The physician told me to go home for 2 hours, walk, and come back.  Did that, came back, only 2 cm still but in extreme pain.  He sent me home with an ambien to help me sleep.  Took Ambien (since I thought it would help) and all it did was make me feel drunk.  In retrospect I regret taking it at all, it didn't work since at this point I was contracting BIG time.  Didn't sleep and ended up pretty much screaming all night, but since I was out of it, I didn't think about going to the hospital, that and I wanted DH to sleep.

Wednesday--around 10, I was in even more pain, and we went back.  As soon as we got back to the check up room I was 8 cm with a bulging water sac.  They got the ball rolling right away.  I was super impressed with how professional everyone stayed and how they got things done so quickly.  I was in the labor/delivery room in 5 minutes and had an epidural 10 minutes after that.  Once it was all said and done, I started pushing a little before 2 and 30ish minutes later Colby arrived!! 

Here are some pics (hopefully, I am never good at this part)

imageBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: Baby intro! (Kinda long with pics)

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"