Birth Stories
Options

Repost from NBB; My very short home birth story.

Alasdair Hadrian Douglas was born March 11 2011 weighing 8lbs 1 and 1/2 oz after only 2 and half hours of labour. My contractions started at 3:30 am, so I got up, made banana bread, put the champagne in the fridge, cut up a bunch of fruit for a fruit tray, got out the bagels, yogurt, prepped the coffee and tea, got DH to call the midwives and the family and then I jumped in the bath. By the time the midwife got there at 5am I was 8cm. She rushed around trying to set up my bedroom in case I needed it and was quietly panicking over getting the second midwife here in time (she was just finishing a birth at the hospital). My mother, MIL, SIL and the second midwife all arrived just in time to see my water explode in the tub.  There was meconium in it, so that was scary, and they gave me the oxytocin shot because of it, but he came out on the next contraction screaming so it ended up being fine (he scored 9?s on both of his Apgar?s). The oven beeper went off (banana bread) SIL went and dealt with it while I drained the tub, delivered the placenta and then had a shower. But while I was in the shower DH went ahead and picked one of the two names without me, so that was a bit of a piss off.  :shock:  We were waiting to meet him to use either the name Alasdair or Aldous (he suits the name, but I was pretty upset with DH for a few days). The midwives checked me for tears (he came out pretty quick) but nothing required stiches.  :dance: I was up having a mimosa and a bagel within 20 mins of delivery. All in all it was a pretty decent labour/delivery and the biggest mess to clean up was the breakfast dishes from the 8 adults and 2 children. He has been nursing like a pro and has been much happier since my milk came in yesterday.

There are a few pics of Ali in my profile, I can't figure out how to add pics to my siggy.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Re: Repost from NBB; My very short home birth story.

• Options
    I can only hope mine goes as quickly as yours!  But seriously, while you were in labor, you made banana bread, cut up fruit, etc?!  I'm quite impressed! Smile
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    Congratulations! Sounds like an amazing delivery :)
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Sounds like things went great!!!
  • Options
    You are a much better person than I because if my husband picked a name out without consulting me first, he would be sleeping under another roof and I sure wouldn't be over it in a few days. Makes me mad just thinking about it.  LOL
    If the house ain't burned down and the baby's fed it was a successful day. Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    Holy cow that WAS fast!  Congrats!
  • Options

imageBrendaLou1969:
    You are a much better person than I because if my husband picked a name out without consulting me first, he would be sleeping under another roof and I sure wouldn't be over it in a few days. Makes me mad just thinking about it.  LOL

The only reason he isn't dead/divorced is because he at least used one of the two names picked out. If he had used his top choice Drake (which I hate) I would have killed him and changed the name. Super Angry He apologised profusely and bought me a big chocolate bunny from Purdy`s. I`m easily bought when it comes to chocolate. Embarrassed

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"