Philadelphia Babies

Sam's Club v. Costco v. BJ

Hello Ladies:

We are new to Philly and the NorthEast, and never had the option of going with another store than Sam's Club.

Our membership is almost up, and I was wondering if we should stick with Sam's, or go with another one.

Which one do you go to? Why do you like it? How much is the membership? Could I get a day pass to check it out before committing to a membership?

Thanks in advance!

Re: Sam's Club v. Costco v. BJ

• We belong to Costco, my mom belongs to BJs (and Costco).

I prefer Costco. Haven't been to a Sam's Club in a LONG time.

Membership at Costco is $50/yr.

imageimage
    Zachary Ryan - 1/13/08 - 6lbs 15oz, 20.5 inches
    Lilia Rose - 5/11/10 - 8lbs 6oz, 21 inches
    imageimage
  • I use BJs but only because it's the closest.   I have never shopped/lived close to Sams

I used to shop at costco and I didn't see much difference between Costco and BJs. 

You may also want to open a membership at the club that has a gas station.  If I recall correctly that is where you will find the cheapest gas

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Loading the player...
  • We go to BJs, basically because it's closest.  The key with BJs is the coupons, using the coupon books they send out monthly & quarterly and stacking them with mfgr coupons from the paper.  I've saved tons of money that way. 
    Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers Lilypie Second Birthday tickers Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • imageJaimers375:
    We go to BJs, basically because it's closest.  The key with BJs is the coupons, using the coupon books they send out monthly & quarterly and stacking them with mfgr coupons from the paper.  I've saved tons of money that way. 

This and only because there is no Sam's or COSCO near me. 

My membership (through work) cost me $35 for 15 months.

• We've had a membership at Costco and now at BJ's. We like BJ's the most because you are able to use manufacture coupons and credit cards ( we save big if we prepare with making a grocery list and coupons )! Also they have a bigger selection of baby supplies. The costco we used to go to only had their brand diapers and huggies - BJ's carries Luvs and Pampers also. I would suggest getting a day pass and checking it out. We did a day pass and quickly canceled our Costco membership and got a BJ's membership.

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • imagemeggs100:

We've had a membership at Costco and now at BJ's. We like BJ's the most because you are able to use manufacture coupons and credit cards ( we save big if we prepare with making a grocery list and coupons )! Also they have a bigger selection of baby supplies. The costco we used to go to only had their brand diapers and huggies - BJ's carries Luvs and Pampers also. I would suggest getting a day pass and checking it out. We did a day pass and quickly canceled our Costco membership and got a BJ's membership.

https://www.bjs.com/savings.content.springmap11.D?storeId=10201&catalogId=10201&categoryId=30002&pageSize=120&currentPage=1&sortBy=&searchCategory=200008779&searchKeywords=?&sc_cid=affil

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"