TTC After a Loss
Options

Can I wear small hoop earrings to bed?

My posts are driving me insane and I freak out any time I have to put them back in. My left ear has been hurting today after catching in on my necklace. 

If I get small hoops that close in the back, would that be 'safe'? 

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: Can I wear small hoop earrings to bed?

• Options

Ouch!  I'd be a little nervous to catch a hoop in my hair while I was sleeping but if they are really small, maybe....What about those posts they use for piercing?  They are comfy and maybe your ear just needs a rest.  I'd get those and constantly clean it until it calms down. 

• Options

the half inch (i think) hoops that kind of cradle your lobe (since they are small) should be okay. ive had 14k gold sets that ive worn for nearly 23 years (different sets over the years).

i also sleep with my hair up, though so never had issues with hair getting caught in them 

AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickersImage and video hosting by TinyPic
    mc 11/17/10 at 7wk3d EDD July 4, 2011 always missed: Michael
    cp 5/12/11 EDD: January 19, 2012 here for just a moment: Gabriel

BFP 6-8-11 Lil Otis, 9dpo: 64, 11dpo: 156, 13dpo: 357, 15dpo: 803, 17dpo: 1483

FEB 2012 CHATROOM

VOTE on my Name List
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I wore hoop earrings for years and never took them out.  I've also never had a problem with them catching in my hair.  Now I have hoop earrings (my "every day" earrings) that have posts, but I take them out every night because the posts poke me in the neck in my sleep.  Anyway, you should be good with hoop earrings at night.  I've never had a problem with them.

Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers
  • Options
    Sure- I do it all the time.  Just make sure they are sturdy- if it's a flimsy metal, you could bend them.
  • Options
    I wear hoops to bed every night.  They're my "everyday" earrings though, little white gold ones that MH got me years ago.  They kind of go in a "U" shape and hook back into itself.  I but there's nothing to poke me with these, so I keep them in for months. 
  • Options
    imagerosenb2b:

Ouch!  I'd be a little nervous to catch a hoop in my hair while I was sleeping but if they are really small, maybe....What about those posts they use for piercing?  They are comfy and maybe your ear just needs a rest.  I'd get those and constantly clean it until it calms down. 

Those are actually the ones I've been wearing. I got them pierced about 6 weeks ago. Lately I find myself knocking them and hurting them from doing everyday things. I wonder if really small hoops would lessen that since it's a smooth thing. 

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"