Trying to Get Pregnant
Options

UPDATE - Dollar Tree New Choice OPK - help me interpret this result

Update: These take a little getting used to, but once you do it's very easy to see a positive as the line gets darker. Out of curiosity (boredom?) I started testing at CD7 and watched the line gradually get darker, until last night when it was very dark. For the last 2 days I've been testing twice a day. Because my cycles have been so predictable next cycle I won't start testing until CD11 at the earliest. At least now I know what to look for.  Our BD timing this month wasn't great because of crazy work stuff but we did manage to get one in last night, so fingers (and legs) crossed. 

I've been using the OPKs from Dollar Tree for the past 3 days.

Saturday: stark white

Sunday: very very very faint line, you could barely see it

Today: faint line, but definitely there. Photo below.

Here's my question: according to the instructions, any line can indicate a surge of LH. I guess this means that unlike other OPKs, the test line doesn't need to be as dark as the control line.  Should I mark today as + in FF? I plan on continuing to test, and I'm assuming this line gets darker? Or is this it?

Re: UPDATE - Dollar Tree New Choice OPK - help me interpret this result

• Options
    you always have some LH in your system. the line should be as dark or darker than the test's line.
    Anniversary
  • Options

imagesummerhollis:
    you always have some LH in your system. the line should be as dark or darker than the test's line.

This! GL! 

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker BabyFruit Ticker image
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Hmmm, I have no idea...but: when in doubt, hump it out!  Have fun!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options

The instructions on this brand are throwing me. Most other OPKs I've seen say the test line must be darker than the control line (unlike pregnancy tests where a line is a line). The instructions on this basically say that a line is a line. I'm going to keep testing once or twice a day until I get back to stark white, but was wondering what to mark on FF.

• Options

That test is negative.  It should be as dark as the control line.  Go ahead and start having sex now.

Good luck!

• Options
    imageGraceInCA:

The instructions on this brand are throwing me. Most other OPKs I've seen say the test line must be darker than the control line (unlike pregnancy tests where a line is a line). The instructions on this basically say that a line is a line. I'm going to keep testing once or twice a day until I get back to stark white, but was wondering what to mark on FF.

You can always add/edit your FF info in a few days, as you get more information.  I had a hard time interpreting my OPK results the first few days too; I didn't really believe it when the first day I tested, I got a positive result!  But I tested again later that day, and the next few days and got BBTs, and those all confirmed that I probably O'd the day after my first test.

TTC #1 Since 8/2010
    Me: 34, DH: 35 DX: DOR (FSH 14.9, AMH 0.67, AFC ~10) and Egg Quality

IVF #1 Feb 2012. MDFL protocol w/ Met. 7 ER, 0F.
    May Donor Egg IVF cycle:3 EF, 1 blast ET 5/12, 2 frosties
    BFP 5/21! beta #1 5/22 306 beta #2 5/24 818 beta #3 5/31 15,038.

image"">
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    "Expecting the world to treat you fairly because you are a good person is a little like expecting the bull not to attack you because you are a vegetarian." --Dennis Wholey

• Options
    "When in doubt, hump it out"
    Married 5-24-2008;
    BFP 4-19-11. Ezri Ana born on due date, Dec 30 2011!
    My Ovulation Chart 
    BFP 10-05-2014; MMC 11-15-2014.
    BFP 02-17-2015
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    This is why I use digital OPKs.  If you are unsure, you could always pick up a box and use them just to confirm your other result.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    Updated the first post. 

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"