Indiana Babies

~Whitney~

I'm sorry to hear that breastfeeding isn't going well with Connor right now.  :(  I hope that something changes and you two can get it figured out soon.  That would be so frustrating!!  Keep hanging in there!   

Re: ~Whitney~

• I second this! Obviously I have no breastfeeding experience, but I have heard of using nipple shields for latch on problems. I know he is latching on fine, but I thought maybe the small hole in the shield would limit milk flow to him?? I'm probably way off base, but it was just a thought I had. I hope things start going better soon!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • I hope it gets better Whitney!  Hugs!
  • Loading the player...
  • i also hope you get the bf situation figured out soon!  i remember just the two weeks i struggled with it, with DD.  it's tough!  here's to hoping it works out soon!
  • Thanks so much guys :) I really do appreciate the encouragement. I was so happy that we got past the nipple pain issues but didn't anticipate having new things come up. Last night was a little better, but I'm still considering EPing or at least relying more on pumping since at least he doesn't fight bottle like he does the breast, although he still seems in pain after eating. BF was tough with Jocelyn too, in different ways - I swear it is the hardest thing about being a new mom, at least for me! Oh, to be one of those women who can just slap the kid on the boob and go about her day!

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Lucas and I have been really struggle with bfing too. I got to a support group at community north on Tuesdays and Wednesdays and that has helped so much in the past week
    Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickersLilypie Third Birthday tickersLilypie First Birthday tickers
    Photobucket
  • Brittney - great idea re: the nipple shield! We've been able to stop using one for latch issues, but it hadn't dawned on me to try it to slow the flow.

Maggie - see my post above re: the support group. I'm so glad you've found it helpful too!

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"