Dallas-Fort Worth Babies
Options

FLIGHT DILEMMA with lapchild

So, I have a funeral to attend from DFW to San Antonio so only about an hour flight.  I am debating on if I should take baby.  When I told my husband I was taking her he was surprised because I really think he wants to watch her and because he will miss her too. He is a great husband and very attentive father. I am truly blessed to have him in my life. Although I rarely get to see my entire family  and where funerals are always more like family reunions I would love to take my daughter to show her to everyone. I feel selfish in both ways.  So do i leave her or take her? That is the question.

1. Do I want to subject her to the flight and uncomfortness and afraid that she might freak out?

2. Do I really want to her  to tag along and get her off of her schedule of naps and bed time and not sleeping in her own bed?

3. I never feel like I need a break from my child because I love her and love being a mom. Some friends and family have said to leave her because I need a break. I don't find myself needing a break from my child because I love her and love being with her every chance I get.  Her daddy will take great care of her.

Please help and tell me if I am overthinking this and what I can do to make my trip easier and what to take i.e stroller, carrier etc?

thanks.

Re: FLIGHT DILEMMA with lapchild

• Options

We took 15 flights with my daughter before she turned 1.  I never had an issue at all.  At 5 months that was easy, she slept most of the flight.  Closer to one was the hardest flights because she wanted to move around a whole lot more.  

If you don't get to see family often, then take her.  You are only talking a couple of days probably of being off of a nap schedule.  I found that I could work around it pretty well and at that age they really are so portable and will sleep most places.  

We've slept in hotel cribs, pack and plays, you name it and haven't had any problem.  Just take what you might need to keep the routine the same - i.e. lovey, sound machine, paci, etc. 

Also when family is around - you will have plenty of people that want to play, hold etc her so you do get a little break yourself while still being around her.  

If you do decide to travel with her, I can give advice on how to make the flight easy. 

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    A one hour flight would be no big deal in my opinion but if it's going to be a short trip I would just leave her at home. She will be happier in her own bed/environment and you can get some me time.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    JCMJCM member

imagemissjanel:
    A one hour flight would be no big deal in my opinion but if it's going to be a short trip I would just leave her at home. She will be happier in her own bed/environment and you can get some me time.

This 100% & it will give you DH Daddy & Baby time which from the sound of things would be a wonderful thing for the both of them.

Plus all the baby "stuff" you will have to lug around would be enough to make me think twice about taking her for only a few days.  

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    I'd take her. At 5 months, it will be much easier than if she were older. Plus, I'd want to introduce her to family who might not otherwise get to meet her for a while.
    Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options
    We've traveled quite a bit with both kids. I'd say if you want to take her...take her. An hour fligtht is nothing. If you BF, it's SO easy to travel with baby. Ask family if they can borrow the necessary gear (pack n play, bouncer) so you don't have to bring it along.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"