North Carolina Babies
Options

NBR: SAHMs in Charlotte and Winston

Some of you may remember that several of us in the Triangle signed up for The Produce Box last year. It's a farm to home service that allows you to get fresh, local produce delivered to your home. They are expanding to Charlotte and Winston and need neighborhood coordinators who will pick up the produce boxes from a central location and deliver them to their neighbors. They suggested this is a nice way for SAHMs to supplement their income by working 6-8 hours a week. I don't know all of the details, but if you are interested, you can check our their website (www.theproducebox.com) and email them:  md@ theproducebox dot com.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: NBR: SAHMs in Charlotte and Winston

• Options
    Have you worked for them?  Do you know anyone that has?  Just curious how you heard about it.  Sounds interesting.  Thanks for sharing.
  • Options

I know about them through my neighborhood. Last year, our neighborhood coordinator sent an email to everyone describing the program, so we signed up. From what I understand, she was responsible for picking up the boxes of produce that were ordered each week, delivering them to each house (she just left them on the front porch) and picking up the box from the previous week. She was also our first contact if we had "bad" or missing produce, meaning I called her with box issues. I only had one, though, so I don't think you are bothered often.

That's all I know. If you are at all interested, I would send an email to the address above. I've never met them, but I just get a feeling they are nice people.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"