October 2011 Moms

Naughty pregnant girl

I was a naughty pregnant girl today.  First I ordered a coke at lunch and then I ate a piece of sushi.  I started with a california roll knowing it would be perfectly fine but I could not help myself with my husbands tuna. 

Anyone else break down and have a bite?

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: Naughty pregnant girl

• imagecrzygirl:

I was a naughty pregnant girl today.  First I ordered a coke at lunch and then I ate a piece of sushi.  I started with a california roll knowing it would be perfectly fine but I could not help myself with my husbands tuna. 

Anyone else break down and have a bite?

I love, love, love sushi. We have not been since finding out I was pregnant but I was just telling DH last night that I would settle for california roll if he would take me. I would like to say I will stay off his plate, but I can't guarantee it!

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Meh, I had half a prosciutto sandwich the other day, last weekend I had bearnaise sauce on my steak at a really nice steakhouse (has raw eggs in it), and I would not put it past myself to have a few pieces of spicy tuna roll if presented with the opportunity.

I had a turkey sub for dinner on Friday night, and I've had a few ham and swiss sandwiches on baguettes too. I love ham and swiss. And I did NOT heat the meat up to steaming (gross).

Aaaand to round out my conviction, I had a sip of wine when cooking dinner tonight - it was a wine I was not familiar with and I wanted to taste it to make sure it would go with the sauce I was using it in. 

We can sit in pg food police jail together. 

July 20th, 2012: Never forget the day the fb douchebags tried so hard, but ultimately failed. Viva la October 2011! Yeah, I called you douchebags.

BFP 1/18/11, EDD 10/1/11. Born at 37w5d on 9/15/11. AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers

***BFP Chart***

"There will come a time when you believe everything is finished. That will be the beginning.

• Loading the player...
  • Dyed my hair the the other day.  That's my biggie so far.  Otherwise, I think I've been pretty good...

2.5.14 LMP - 3.15.14 BFP - 4.4 u/s confirmed no sac - 4.10 ruptured tube with emergency surgery

• MH brought a new beer home on Friday.  I had a taste.  sadly, it wasn't good.  Neither was the sip of wine I took a few weeks ago.  I wonder if it just doesn't taste right to me now.
  • I LOVE sushi and miss it terribly. I also really miss beer but here's my gross confession: whenever DH pops a brewsky all I want to do is sniff his breath. Poor guy keeps thinking I'm going in for a kiss and instead I'm all, "Um can you just keep breathing in my face, please?"

Starting a love affair with beer breath was definitely not an expected outcome of pregnancy.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • I have had california rolls too! :) YUM! :)
  • I'm not a sushi fan so that's an easy one for me. I've been a good girl so far but may take a sip of my DH beer here or there...maybe not though since his beer breathe grosses me out. What I miss the most is turkey sandwiches, before I knew to avoid deli meat I had like 4 of them and they were so good! My DH is being my food police and doesn't want to risk anything and the thought of heating up the turkey makes me want to puke. I can't imagine going the rest of this pregnancy without a turkey sandwich though.

• I had sushi last night.  One roll had cooked salmon, and the other two had tempura shrimp... but one did have spicy tuna on top ;)  I felt a leeetle guilty, but it was seriously delicious.
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • yep. sushi a few times, have coffee/caffeine daily, colored my hair, have had a few sips of H's wine, lunchmeat, soft cheese, hot dogs, and just returned from a 4 day ski vacation where I tackled most of the mountain. I just skied a little slower than usual, and didn't jump off any cliffs ;) 

• I had 2-3 pieces of raw tuna awhile ago too. It doesn't worry me THAT much - sashimi fish has to be pre-frozen and it was at a busy (high turnover) reputable place I've been to tons of times. Honestly, the listeria risk from lunch meat worries me more than the risks from a bit of raw tuna!
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

• I had hotdogs for dinner the past couple of weeks and today's lunch includes ham and chees sandwich, not warmed up! Surprise  My first visit to the Drs. is tomorrow so unless she tells me not to eat lunchmeat or hotdogs, I'll continue eating them!

imageBabyFruit Ticker BabyFetus Ticker
  • I went cold turkey on caffeinated soda when I found out I was pregnant (definitely drinking a Mountain Dew as I read my pregnancy test). I haven't had anything but root beer (A&W and Mug are caffeine-free and delicious) since finding out, but once in a while I'd really like a diet coke.
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • The only things my OB told me to avoid were lunch meat and hot dogs. (drugs, alcohol and tobaco too, but only foods were those two).  After the appointment we went to Subway...I had them warm my meat.

I am being careful this time.  I'm almost past the point of loss last time...so I'll get brave eventually!

• I've had california rolls, but no sushi yet. My OB said it was fine, so I'm sure I'll break down eventually. I've been sticking to teriyaki for the moment. Though I did have a few bites of tuna tartare when I was out to dinner with my friends.

Waiting until 2nd tri to color my hair. Waiting until 3rd to have a glass of champagne at my sister's wedding. And I never drink caffeine anyway, so I didn't really have to give that up.

BFP #1 10/17/09: missed m/c at 7 weeks; BFP #2 10/22/10: chemical pregnancy; BFP #3: 1/28/11

Baby Boy Smudgie born 10/4/11

<a href="http://s837.photobucket.com/albums/zz298/triple_sevens/?action=view

• imagespedi:

The only things my OB told me to avoid were lunch meat and hot dogs. (drugs, alcohol and tobaco too, but only foods were those two).  After the appointment we went to Subway...I had them warm my meat.

I am being careful this time.  I'm almost past the point of loss last time...so I'll get brave eventually!

I've been craving (at eating) hot dogs since Friday.  I did buy hot dogs that were nitrite/nitrate free.  At least none added and they have that which is only naturally occurring in celery.

• DH and I are on vacation in Colorado this week and we went to tour a local beer brewery today. DH got a sampler of 6 different beers and I couldn't help but take a sip of a couple of them, just to see if they were good. It was so nice just to have that little tiny sip of fresh, cold beer!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • I had about an inch of champagne this weekend :o
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"