Boston Babies

drs and ultrasound ?

Hi!  I'm new here and I'm at about 6 weeks.  Currently I'm seeing dr macdonald in watertown but I'm definately thinking about finding a new dr.  One of the reasons being that I really want to find someplace closer to home (I live in braintree) and I really want a place that has an ultrasound machine in their office.  I had my first ultrasound this past week- due to some spotting and I found out I'll have to go to mt Auburn hospital for all of them.  It really wasn't what I expected- since the technician basically didn't tell me anything.  I got no pictures and even when I asked about seeing the heartbeat she told me sometimes its too early....but when I spoke to the nurse at the drs office apparently they did see a heartbeat.  I was just upset that there was no -"hey here's your baby!" and "Look this is the heartbeat!"  I want to find an office where the ultrasounds are a little more personal and I don't have to run to the hospital to get one.  Does anyone have any suggestions??

Re: drs and ultrasound ?

• Have you looked into South Shore Women's Health?  I really liked them.  I used them for both of my pregnancies.  Their Weymouth location has an ultrasound machine in the office but I'm not 100% sure about the others - I know Duxbury does not, but I don't know about Whitman or Scituate.  And, if you need more in-depth ultrasounds (I needed a Level 2 ultrasound), they'll send you to South Shore Hospital, which is probably a lot more convenient for you, being in Braintree, than going to Mt. Auburn.

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers
  • I went to Atrius Women's Health (part of south shore medical) in Weymouth (its right in Libbey pkwy by route 18) and I love it there. They have a full radiology suite down the hall from their office and they always gave us 5-7 pictures from our ultrasounds. I also really like the staff there--i actually ran into one of the receptionists at BJs the other day and she asked about my daughter.

Plus, im a big fan of maternity @ South Shore (all my siblings have had their kids there too). the food @ south shore is SO GOOD too. and trust me, i work in a hospital, and that is not always the case...

• Loading the player...
  • I go to south shore womens health.... i have really enjoyed my experience with them!

my friends go to atlantic womens health in braintree and they really like it there as well. 

• I got to Atrius Health's Womens Center in Weymouth.  A friend of mine used them when she was pg and raved about them.  I saw them in November for the first time when I had a m/c and they were fantastic.  They are very responsive to calls for general questions as well as the neurotic "worried something is wrong" calls that I have made.  I also was looking for a practice that delivered at SSH.  Good luck in your search, you will know when you find the right OB!
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers
    Stepmom to: Lizzie (4); Justin (10); and Cameron (13)
    Mom to 3 angels: Baby 1 MC 2/13/09 @ 7 wks; Baby 2 CP 11/5/10 @ 5 wks;
    and Brendan - Late Loss 4/27/11 @ 20 wks

Lilypie Premature Baby tickers
    <a href="http://s51.photobucket.com/albums/f355/erinmarie74/?action=view
  • I also go to South Shore Women's Health, but I go to the Whitman office. They do have an u/s machine in the office and I have been VERY happy with everyone in the office so far. I'm 31 weeks along so I've been there enough and have seen most of the OBs and midwives at this point. They have 2 u/s techs and I really like them both. Hope this helps. Don't forget, it's quite the journey so if you can find an office that you are happy with, it def. helps. 
  • I also live in Braintree, I go to atlantic women's health on wood road, I love them there, they don't do the ultrasounds in the office but they do them all at South Shore Hospital which is still closer.  
  • I live in Braintree too!  I went to South Shore Womens Health in Weymouth and I had a great experience!  Everything was in-house, so it just made it all the more convenient.  And, as others have said, they are affiliated with South Shore Hospital, and their maternity center was the best!
    Accidental Smiles
    updated 10.03.12
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"