November 2011 Moms

Pros & Cons of November birth month

Obviously I'd be happy to give birth in any given month but as I sit here and day dream of November, I thought I'd see how you ladies feel about giving birth in November, or if it makes a difference to you at all.  For me, I think November is perfect timing.  I live in the north so I will get to be indoors for 3 months while on maternity leave and not have to go out in the cold, icy, snowy mess.  Also, I'm pretty excited that LO will be here right in time for all of the Holiday festivities.  What a perfect time to off our new baby!

Downfall #1- Sometimes we have snow and icy roads in November.  I would hate to have to be rushing to get to the hospital while in labor on bad roads!

Downfall #2 - I have 10 neices and 1 nephew.  Five of them have birthdays in November! Haha.  Not that that would really be a downfall, I just feel bad for my parents :).

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: Pros & Cons of November birth month

• I really wanted march but I'm excited about November so we can have them at the holidays!!!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

#2-BO 6/6/13 D/C     #3 natural m/c 8/6/13 

#4 EDD 5/19/14 It's a boy! 

• I have a small family, and we don't speak to DH's family so there's no issues really. There's no November bdays, but my dad and brother's are in October, and my mom and I have December bdays.

October-December are just costly months haha.

Only thing I don't like about a November EDD is the fact that the weather starts going downhill.

• Loading the player...
  • I feel pretty similar.

Cons: I'm nervous about the potential bad roads while in labor (my first child was born in June and I remember commenting how glad I was to not have to worry about road conditions) and the more frequent trips to the pediatrician in those first few months.

Pros: I think it will make Thanksgiving even more special this year! My nephew's birthday is two days before my due date, so it will probably be joint birthday parties for a long time! And fall is my favorite season! :)

Married 8/2007 | Ethan born 6/2009 | BFP 2/2011 - natural m/c at 6w4d | BFP 6/2012 - praying for a sticky baby! Pregnancy Ticker
  • imageCort711:

Obviously I'd be happy to give birth in any given month but as I sit here and day dream of November, I thought I'd see how you ladies feel about giving birth in November, or if it makes a difference to you at all.  For me, I think November is perfect timing.  I live in the north so I will get to be indoors for 3 months while on maternity leave and not have to go out in the cold, icy, snowy mess.  Also, I'm pretty excited that LO will be here right in time for all of the Holiday festivities.  What a perfect time to off our new baby!

You may want to edit that sentence. lol.

Married 8/2007 | Ethan born 6/2009 | BFP 2/2011 - natural m/c at 6w4d | BFP 6/2012 - praying for a sticky baby! Pregnancy Ticker
  • This is really weird, but somehow I've always felt that I'd have a baby in November! I also think it is great because it is right before all the holidays. However, mine, my Mom, and my Dad's Bdays are in November! LOL!
  • I am excited about November, but I would be with any month. 

I have a January birthday so I know what middle of the winter birthdays are like and November shouldn't be like that most of the time.  Plus birthday parties can maybe be late Halloween parties (I love Halloween!)

I live in WI so we are accustomed to snowy crappy weather at any given date in the year and for at least half the year so I won't get out of it completely BUT I will be glad not to have to go out in in for a few weeks.

I am glad it's at least a few weeks before Christmas.  We have lot's of birthdays around Christmas in our family.

I am glad LO will be here before Christmas to be able to spend time with the family over the holiday.

• Pros- Having the baby here for the holidays and have maternity leave through all the holidays too. Lots of family holiday pictures to start our babies life.

Cons- It's cold, wet and windy here in November and baby and I will be stuck indoors. We live in a old OLD house with old windows, so we have lots of drafts in our house and have to have individual heating sources in all of the rooms. Normally we just keep the living room heated with our pellet stove which can get expensive so I'm going to start saving now for our heating bill this winter.

Also it's not really a con but I'm nervous that I'm due a week before Thanksgiving because if I go a week late I may run into people at the hospital that would rather be eating a turkey dinner than helping a pregnant woman in labor.  :-) 

Overall I'm so SO excited to have my baby anytime of the year! Excited for what November has in store for us this year! 

Our TTC Journey: TTC#1 since April 2010, BFP#1 9/23/10, M/C 11/5/10, D&C 11/16/10 BFP# 2 3/06/11, M/C 3/15/11, BFP#3 4/11/11 Beta#1(15DPO)-217 Beta#2(17DPO)-538 Beta#3(24DPO)-6,345 Stick little one stick!! BabyFruit Ticker
  • Pro: Maternity leave over the holidays!

Cons: Cold weather when you want to show off the baby, birthday close to Thanksgiving and Christmas (I was born Nov. 25th and always felt like my birthday got lumped in with everything else), our kids will be some of the oldest in their class (I never liked being the first one to drive, be able to drink, etc)

ETA: For some reason I thought of a lot of cons, but I really do think November is great for a birthday!

• imageprhilton:
    imageCort711:

LOL 

Pros: I like that my maternity leave will be right around the holidays and having a new baby to show off will be really fun then too. 

Cons: My biggest con is later on when it comes to going to Kindergarten. A Nov bday is right on the cusp of starting when they are 4 or waiting a year. I feel like that will be a tough decision to make.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Pros: Due date is the same as my husband's birthday!, will have baby before holidays, hopefully weather won't be at its worst then, Nov is better than Dec-Feb

Cons:  will not be able to travel for Thanksgiving to see our families, will be stuck inside during gloomy winter months - won't take baby out much during maternity leave because of the cold/flu germs and will have a 2 year old home with me probably going stir-crazy!

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • imagemegs68:

Pros: Due date is the same as my husband's birthday!, will have baby before holidays, hopefully weather won't be at its worst then, Nov is better than Dec-Feb

Cons:  will not be able to travel for Thanksgiving to see our families, will be stuck

Same here!!

• imageVieve831:
    imageprhilton:
    imageCort711:

LOL 

Pros: I like that my maternity leave will be right around the holidays and having a new baby to show off will be really fun then too. 

Cons: My biggest con is later on when it comes to going to Kindergarten. A Nov bday is right on the cusp of starting when they are 4 or waiting a year. I feel like that will be a tough decision to make.

I thought about the school thing too but in Oregon, August 31st is the cutoff for Kindergarten. So the kiddos have to turn 5 by August 31st or they have to wait another year. So our LO will be the older one in class for sure. DH and I are the younger ones in the year in May and June so we think it might be kind of cool for LO to be part of the older group that is already doing the fun things, getting license, turning 21, etc.

Our TTC Journey: TTC#1 since April 2010, BFP#1 9/23/10, M/C 11/5/10, D&C 11/16/10 BFP# 2 3/06/11, M/C 3/15/11, BFP#3 4/11/11 Beta#1(15DPO)-217 Beta#2(17DPO)-538 Beta#3(24DPO)-6,345 Stick little one stick!! BabyFruit Ticker
  • We will be able to claim taxes on a baby that's just born!  Obviously that's not a reason to have a baby, but it sure is a pro.

ME: 31 PCOS - DH: 32 Perfect. 
    TTC #1 started 8.2010. 
    BFP #1 3.2.11Blighted ovum, missed m/c, 4.3.11-6.22.11 Provera

BFP #2 Aug 2011 Clomid 50mg+Met missed m/c found 9w5d | cytotec 10.26.11 
    BFP #3 - CD36 - Jan. 2012 - 100mg Clomid + 2000met-  Baby Boy born 10.06.12 with 1 in a billion CHD. Perfect otherwise. 

Open Heart Surgery @ 5 months old.Happy, healthy, and as normal as could be!  We thank God every day.EP/BF for 12.5 months

TTC#2 - November 2012

BFP #4:  O'd on CD25 (Aug. 2014).  DD May 6, 2015. RCS planned.
    Beta@14dpo: 184, 17dpo: 520.  44 hr. doubling time.  p4: 54U/S 8 weeks 1 day, 161 bpm
  • This is fun!

Pros: WE ARE HAVING A BABY!!! I am so freaking excited I can't stand it! I love fall, I will be ready to have a break from my students and if I deliver on my EDD (6 days before Thanksgiving) everyone will have a little bit more time to come visit and see the baby.

Cons: We live 12 hours away from our families so that is going to make Thanksgiving and Christmas a challenge. They may just have to come see us (and get a hotel!!) Do you think it will be feasable to travel for Christmas with a 1 month old baby? I am thinking probably not...

Pros: WE ARE HAVING A BABY!! hahah....

• imageVieve831:
    imageprhilton:
    imageCort711:

LOL 

I taught Kindergarten and swear I could tell a difference between the kids with the earlier birthdays! They were usually more mature and more "ready" for school.  This could be a pro!

• imageevanssj:
    imageVieve831:
    imageprhilton:
    imageCort711:

LOL 

I taught Kindergarten and swear I could tell a difference between the kids with the earlier birthdays! They were usually more mature and more "ready" for school.  This could be a pro!

In NY the cutoff is Dec 1st (I think - it might have changed). I believe we will have the choice if we want to wait or send them early. I agree with wanting them to be older/more mature - also not going away to college at 17!! But having free childcare for a full school day will probably be tempting at the time.

• Being a teacher, I really was hoping it would all go according to my grand plan. When I became pregnant last August/September I thought I had managed to pull it off. It would have been ideal to have a baby in April/May, take my maternity leave, and then have the rest of the summer still to stay home with baby. People always say you can't plan these things, but I was thrilled when it seemed I actually had. Then I miscarried, so I guess...you really can't plan it. :)

Now I'll take whatever I can get. I am of course thrilled to be pregnant, period, but personally I just love spring and summer birthdays. I also like them to be spread out a bit more from that upcoming winter holiday season. But November is certainly better than December, in that regard...and being pregnant is WAY better than not being pregnant so I am HAPPY about it regardless! :)

• Pros: We'll have a BABY!! Any month is a pro for me.  With a November newborn, DH and I will be able to avoid the holiday family tug of war.  We live halfway across the country from our families and they both started gunning for Christmas 2011 right after Christmas 2010.  Now, they will just have to travel to us for Thanksgiving and/or Christmas.

Cons: I can't be in my friend's wedding in late October, because it is halfway across the country and I won't be able to travel.  This actually makes me really sad.  I was really looking forward to standing up for her and her fiancee on their big day.  Another con is that I may have to evacuate in my 3rd trimester if any hurricanes threaten my area.  Ugh. I can't even imagine how miserable that would be.

Toddler Turtle - November 2011
    Baby Turtle - November 2014

• imageprhilton:
    imageCort711:

Hahah! Woops! I meant SHOW off our new baby! Not off our new baby! Too funny. 

• November is a FANTASTIC month for several reasons.

It's the month of DH and my first date. 

It's also the month when DH proposed to me. 

There's Thanksgiving, so family is most likely going to be around. 

It's not December lol, so don't have to worry about coordinating with Christmas presents.

And it means that the baby was a Valentine's Day "project". ;P

• The pros are obvious...like the fact that we are having babies and they will be around for the holidays, which is cool.

The cons though...I will be pregnant in this super horrid, humid, sweatfest of a summer (I live in Texas) . My EDD is Nov. 1st, so I most likely will not be able to take my 3 year old out for Halloween. This baby will be born the month before Christmas and our son's birthday is 5 weeks after. That just sucks because then it's hard to know what to get them because they get so much in a short span. 

Still exciting though!  

Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"