Washington Babies

Bumpie Dinner Club?

I'm really excited about Dawn's Dinner Diva club!  

It looks to me like there's at least 4 of us interested and we all live in the North Seattle-ish area.

Who wants to get together and what days/times work best for you? 

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: Bumpie Dinner Club?

• Days/times that work best for me: any time on Mondays or Wednesdays, Thursday afternoons or weekends (I can work around DDs nap time).

• I'd love to join!  I'm generally free anytime during the week with enough advanced notice, except for parent-baby class on Thursdays.
  • Loading the player...
  • I'd love to do it but DH is lame and doesn't eat dairy. I wouldn't want to be a drag and have annoying dietary restrictions. Looks really fun though :)
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Second Birthday tickers

Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Kids Birthday tickers

• imageLifesPeachy:
    I'd love to do it but DH is lame and doesn't eat dairy. I wouldn't want to be a drag and have annoying dietary restrictions. Looks really fun though :)

I have to go easy on how much diary I eat too - maybe we could work something out? 

• I too am interested!

So I read Dawn's post and am wondering about the cooking part....do you choose mainly casserole type dishes? Are they more fully cooked meals that you just heat and serve?

We did go to dinner's ready once and made a bunch of frozen meals, but it was un cooked meat with sauce etc and a "recipe" on how to cook/put it all together out of the freezer.

. It would be fun to cook and assemble the meals together too. I'd be willing to host!
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • I can try to help answer any questions you guys have I am sorta new to this too but am more than willing to help.

We precook as much as we can. obviosuly some things cant be cooked ahead depending on the recipe. one of my recipes this month was a honey dijon chicken. It calls for the chicken to be grilled. So I made up the marinade and then dropped the chicken in and froze raw. Another I did was french dips. They are all cooked already. It was a crockpot meal so I made it and we ate it that night and I froze the rest for the ladies. all they have to do is heat and serve. I have a porkchop dish that I pre browned the chops and made the sauce then froze everything. They just need to be defrosted and baked for 40 minutes when ready to eat. Pasta is just given out dry.

So  each meal is different, but we go into it with the less work it takes to make the better kind of idea. so that its easy to just take out and maybe 30 -45 minutes of cooking and done.

Things that will make life easier when dividing out the meals when you are done cooking. A food scale. Even a cheapy $5 one from walmart will help you meaure out meats that are in bulk (like my roast) as opposed to pieces.

Dawn - Wife of Brian 09/25/2005 - Mother of Eli Jace 03/12/2007 and Kai Evan 10/17/08

• I would be interested!  I work full time so I can do Wed, Thurs after 6:30 and every other friday anytime.  Not sure if we want to do it on a weekend?
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker image
  • Man! This sounds like fun. I wish I didn't live so far away!
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • imageNancy_Drew:
    I too am interested!

We did go to dinner's ready once and made a bunch of frozen meals, but it was un cooked meat with sauce etc and a "recipe" on how to cook/put it all together out of the freezer.

. It would be fun to cook and assemble the meals together too. I'd be willing to host!

I would be up for a mix of prepare from freezer along with heat & eat.  

I googled Once a Month Cooking clubs and read about an LDS group that assembles meals together.  That might be fun to try too.

Maybe we can get together for coffee and discuss some options and meal ideas and try different things to see what works best?   

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"