Pregnant after IF
Options

Not PAIF related - just a vent about friend.

L is my best friend from college. She broke up with a guy last Sunday who she dated for three months.  I never really heard about him until the Friday before the breakup. 

She has called me bemoaning this breakup several times a day all week sobbing.  

Never once, since I FINALLY became pregnant, has she ever asked me how I'm feeling, about the baby, etc - nothing!  She also was not supportive when we were going through our three years of IF stuff and constantly second guessed our decisions.  (I quit telling her about it about two years in and just moved forward.)

I'm having a very hard time being sympathetic on this breakup thing now.  I feel like she hasn't been there for me at all, and now she wants me to be her therapist.

Thanks for listening.

Re: Not PAIF related - just a vent about friend.

• Options
    ugh, yea that's hard to be there for a friend who hasn't been there for you especially during something like IF.  Now that you're pregnant I'm sure it would be nice if she asked you how you are doing!  If she needs to vent/cry about her breakup, ok, but she should at least be interested in how you are doing too....some people just suck like that. sorry hon.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    Oh girl, I dont blame you a bit! Your friend sounds quite self-centered and immature.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I hate it when people just have one sided friendships!!!  If she's not even asking how you are, then she's being super self centred.  Sorry dude, that's a hard thing to realize about a friend. 
  • Options

imagekaterena:
    I hate it when people just have one sided friendships!!!  If she's not even asking how you are, then she's being super self centred.  Sorry dude, that's a hard thing to realize about a friend. 

No, you're completely right.  I've tried to slowly extract myself from the co-dependence that we had in college and it took a few years.  

I don't like to be available when she doesn't care.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"