Pregnant after IF
Options

Quadruplets

After going through fertility treatments for five cycles, we have success! :-)

The only problem is that it sounds like perhaps too much success as at my first ultrasound yesterday, they saw four! Is anyone else out there pregnant with so many -- or been pregnant with so many?

I'm completely overwhelmed...
TTC since 4/2009 (with RE since 8/10) Got pregnant on our own 12/09. MC 3/2010 IUI #1 & 2 unsuccessful (Sept & Oct 2010) IVF #1 9 follicles, 5 eggs, 4 fertilized, 4 transferred. Chemical pregnancy. Bad news received Thanksgiving 2010. IUI #3 Chemical pregnancy (12/2010 double IUI) IUI #4 Success! (2/7/2011 & 2/8/2011 double IUI) ultrasound 3/8/2011 determined there are four ultrasound 3/17/2011 showed one not developing so we're down to 3 unltrasound 3/23/2011 showed Baby C had stopped developing so we're at twins. Same ultrasound showed good measurement and heartbeats for babies A and B. Due date is Oct. 31, 2011 (for singleton so twins will probably be earlier) BabyFetus Ticker

Re: Quadruplets

• Options

Thank you.

Apparently I should have said I'm new here...so hi everyone...I'm new here. :-) Looking forward to "meeting" all of you and sharing in this experience. 

TTC since 4/2009 (with RE since 8/10) Got pregnant on our own 12/09. MC 3/2010 IUI #1 & 2 unsuccessful (Sept & Oct 2010) IVF #1 9 follicles, 5 eggs, 4 fertilized, 4 transferred. Chemical pregnancy. Bad news received Thanksgiving 2010. IUI #3 Chemical pregnancy (12/2010 double IUI) IUI #4 Success! (2/7/2011 & 2/8/2011 double IUI) ultrasound 3/8/2011 determined there are four ultrasound 3/17/2011 showed one not developing so we're down to 3 unltrasound 3/23/2011 showed Baby C had stopped developing so we're at twins. Same ultrasound showed good measurement and heartbeats for babies A and B. Due date is Oct. 31, 2011 (for singleton so twins will probably be earlier) BabyFetus Ticker
  • Options
    WOW!!!   how far along are you?  did you see any HB?
    TTC#2: septum removed, 2 losses, Stage 2 Endo, thin lining, slight MFI
    iui #5 2/7 + 2/8 = BFP!! 11 dpiui
    Beta #1 2/18 11dpiui= 46, Beta #2 13dpiui 150, Beta #3 16dpiui 584!!
    u/s revealed triplets! Baby B 3rd loss 8w2d. Twins! EDD 10/31/11 * c/s scheduled 10/12/11 My NEW BLOG Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

You are pretty far along based on your siggie procedure dates, so I assume you've already seen heartbeats.  Did this BFP result from the IUI in december?

You may also want to post on the multiples board because I know there are a few quad moms on their.

TTC since 8/2004
    Me - DX Hashimoto's Disease, Hypothyroid, Rheumatoid Arthritis
    DH - DX Azoospermia - Sertoli Cell Syndrome
    DS-IUI #1-4 BFN IVF #1 - BFP! It's a boy!!!
  • Options

Wow!  Congratulations (x 4)!!!!  Big Smile

I think your feelings are totally normal!!  We were somewhat overwhelmed with twins, so I can't imagine how you're feeling... 

Another great place to check out is the Multiples board.  There may be some quad MoMs over there, too!  Good Luck to you!!

Mr. & Mrs. ~ 09.08.07

Lilypie Premature Baby tickers
  • Options

Congrats x4!  Welcome to the board.

Ditto PP about the Multiples board.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    Congrats !!! I have no other advice but to ditto checking with the multiples board as well.

"Most of the important things in the world have been accomplished by people who have kept on trying when there seemed to be no hope at all." -- Dale Carnegie
    "Our greatest weakness lies in giving up. The most certain way to succeed is always to try just one more time." --Thomas A. Edison
  • Options

The last double IUI was Feb. 7 & 8. us yesterday just showed sacs -- next week is heartbeats. We're at just over six weeks.

Where is the glossary for terms? I thought it used to be listed in the left but somehow I'm missing it. Need to fix my signature after finding it. 

• Options
    Wow.  How many follies did you have at your IUI's?!  Have you seen all their heartbeats or are you saying they saw 4 sacs at your u/s?  I'm guessing you're about 6-6.5 weeks based on your siggy?  I would definitely go over to the Multiples board for advice.
  • Options

Hey!  I had b2b iuis on the exact same days as you!!   pretty cool!  :)

Pm-ing you now Big Smile  

** to check those - on the bottom left of your screen it says "My boards"  then Check private messages.  Check there :)

u/s revealed triplets! Baby B 3rd loss 8w2d. Twins! EDD 10/31/11 * c/s scheduled 10/12/11 My NEW BLOG Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    imageCNYAmber:

The last double IUI was Feb. 7 & 8. us yesterday just showed sacs -- next week is heartbeats. We're at just over six weeks.

Where is the glossary for terms? I thought it used to be listed in the left but somehow I'm missing it. Need to fix my signature after finding it. 

Wow that must have been quite a shock!  Congrats and H&H 9 mos to you!  I'm sure the shock will subside, but I think it is completely normal to be overwhelmed at first.  

TTC since 8/2004
    Me - DX Hashimoto's Disease, Hypothyroid, Rheumatoid Arthritis
    DH - DX Azoospermia - Sertoli Cell Syndrome
    DS-IUI #1-4 BFN IVF #1 - BFP! It's a boy!!!
  • Options
    Congrats and welcome to the board!  I have no experience to share...we only transferred 1 embryo.  Good luck and lots of T&P's!
  • Options

yeah I think so?  - sorry i just finished writing it so it might not have been there yet- check again now :)

• Options
    Holy moly! Congrats to you!
  • Options

The last u/s before the IUIs showed three mature follies but many more (around 5/6) that were on the verge. I am just under 6.5 weeks along. I didn't see any heartbeats yet...hoping for that at the next u/s on Thursday!

I will find the multiples board. Thanks for the suggestion. :-)

• Options
    WOW! Congrats! I've got 3 as you can see...that was a complete shock, I don't know what my reaction would be if there were four! I def. recommend the Multiples board as well, they are very supportive and maybe you'll find a Quad MoM on their! :)
  • Options
    Congrats x 4!
    DX: Severe MFI 
    IVF # 1 ~ Antagonist ~ ER 1/27/11~ ET 1/30/11 ~ + HPT 7dp3dt 
    DD born med-free on 10/24/11 
    Lilypie - (lZjk)
    IVF # 2 ~Antagonist ~ ER 6/5/13 ~ ET 6/10/13 ~ + HPT 4dp5dt 
    Lilypie - (OUlo)

• Options
    Congrats x4!
  • Options
    imagekelfeen:

Hey!  I had b2b iuis on the exact same days as you!!   pretty cool!  :)

Pm-ing you now Big Smile  

** to check those - on the bottom left of your screen it says "My boards"  then Check private messages.  Check there :)

Sorry my internet crashed.  I PM'd you back!

• Options
    WOW!  Congrats and welcome!!!
  • Options
    WOWWW!!! Congrats! I'm sure that's overwhelming, but how AWESOME!!
    Our 1st IVF miracle, Briggs Sterling, born via c-section due to IUGR and footling breech. 6.5.11. 5:51am. 5lbs 1.5oz.

The Sunny Side of Life Blog Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    Great..congratulations & h&h 9 mos :)
    IVF - 9/09 - BFN! :( IVF #2 - ER 3/16; ET 3/18 with one embryo Beta 3/30 -- BFN! :( IVF #3 - 5/10 - BFN! IVF #4 - 11/10 - BFP. m/c at 6weeks :( FET #1 - 2/11 - BFP. beta on 2/21 :) Thank you God! :) u/s on 3/7 showed TWINS! u/s on 3/11 TWO heartbeats! Couldn't be happier :)
  • Options
    Congrats ..x4!
    TTC since April 2009 dx = PCOS; TTC History for DS - A FET miracle after 7 IUIs; 2 fresh transfers, and 1 other FET resulted in BFNs. Hoping and Praying for baby #2: Cycle 1 - FET; November 2012 BFN Next Steps - who knows? Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"