Indiana Babies

::Brenda::

I hadn't seen you for a while so I don't know how often you check this board, but I seriously could not believe it when I saw your ticker today! Wow - time sure flies. Are you ready?

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: ::Brenda::

• I still check it every now and then! I'm like one of those animals that never goes away! :-)

I'm having a repeat c-section on March 29, so my ticker actually gives me a few more days than I really have! I have 19 more days!!

I am so beyond ready to be done being pregnant!! Ready for an almost-two-year-old and a newborn? Not-so-much, I'm completely terrified!! 

How is Jocelyn adapting? I'm so nervous about how Paige is going to do!

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• We've been pleasantly shocked at how much Jocelyn adores Conner. She loves looking at him, holding him, kissing him, etc. I definitely thought she would be jealous because she'd always been unhappy when I'd held other babies. However, she has had a lot of trouble going to bed (never had trouble before) and has been a lot more whiney although it's really hard for me to tell if it's associated with having a new baby in the house or just her typical 2 year old behavior - probably some of both. We're just trying to stick to her schedule as best we can. Thank goodness she goes to daycare during the day - not sure I could handle her and Connor at home by myself! Jocelyn has gotten a lot of attention from all the visitors so she feels pretty important. We are careful to tell her what a good big sister she is all the time and we try not to overreact if she's less than gentle when trying to be helpful because we don't want her to have a bad association with the baby. You guys will be fine; I bet Paige will surprise you too. Good luck!

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Loading the player...
  • That is so great!

Part of me thinks that Paige will do good... she loves other babies (my sister had a baby in November and she just adores him), she understands that there's a baby in my tummy (she keeps telling the baby to come out!), and she's been really good "practicing" with her baby dolls (she loves to rock and burp them!). 

But then another part of me is trying to be more realistic about it! 

My DH is a SAHD, so both of the girls will be home with him all day! Thankfully I'll have 8 weeks off and hopefully we can get them in a good daytime routine during that time!

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"