Graco Snugride - front harness adjuster??? — The Bump
Nurseries and Baby Gear

Graco Snugride - front harness adjuster???

I posted this in my birth month board too...so sorry if you see it twice.

So...I'm a first timer and I'm also "baby-dumb".  I am pretty much just buying what Baby Bargains and my friends tell me to.  (I'm a strange woman...I don't like to shop!!)   But I need a carset and I'd like to do the Graco SnugRide.

So the BB book says to look for those that have a "front harness adjuster" and not buy the ones with the adjuster in the back.  I want to buy the thing online and have it delivered to me at home and not have to go to dreaded BRU (that place gives me panic attacks). And walmart and target just have like one model there and I don't care for the fabric.  Plus, the one time I did venture into BRU to look at them in person, they all looked the same...so I can't figure out what harness they are talking about.

So my question is, when I'm looking at them online...(ex I'm looking at Walmart.com) how do i know which ones are front adjusters and back adjusters?  Does it say this somewhere?  Is it in the pic and I'm just not seeing it?  HELP!!!

TIA for any help clarifying this.  I would really appreciate any help!

Photobucket BabyFetus Ticker

Re: Graco Snugride - front harness adjuster???

• It is easy once you know what you are looking for :)

The Regular Graco Snugrude 22 are hit or miss with the front harness adjusters.  The Graco Snugride 32 and 35 ALL have the front harness adjusters.

This is a car seat without a front harness adjuster:

This is a car seat with the front harness adjuster:  See the strap hanging down the front of the seat?  That is the front harness adjuster.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Emily 8.8.08
    Madeline 1.2.11
    William 8.5.12
  • image LittleApple:

It is easy once you know what you are looking for :)

The Regular Graco Snugrude 22 are hit or miss with the front harness adjusters.  The Graco Snugride 32 and 35 ALL have the front harness adjusters.

You are the most awesome person ever right now.

Thank you, thank you, thank you!  That was EXACTLY how I wanted someone to explain this to me!

• Your welcome and good luck!!
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Emily 8.8.08
    Madeline 1.2.11
    William 8.5.12
  • I just wanted to say that I agree that you should stay away. I had a rear-adjust Snugride, because I got an awesome deal on it paired with a Snugrider. So, I couldn't really pass it up. We used it for about 3 weeks before I wanted to throw it out the door. I hated it, and I ended up going back to my Graco Safeseat.
    AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
  • I totally agree about getting the front adjusting car seat. I've had more car seats than I care to count, and my Snugride 35 is by far the easiest to use and adjust (that I've owned anyway). I also am pleased that the straps extend out more than most seats too. LO is 20 lbs at 4 months, and very long. This keeps her in the seat longer and me not having to replace the seat as soon. Short straps are a PITA when lo gets to the end of the height/weight limit.

• I have a Graco Snugride 22 (Platinum) that has the front adjust.  Honestly though we don't adjust his straps all that often.  If we do adjust them, we are usually in the house or somewhere that it is easy to reach teh back of the carseat.  The front adjust is super easy though.

Confession: We didn't think to bring the carseat to our hospital room to put DS in it when we were discharged.  I wish we had.  Standing on a hospital curb  trying to figure out how to adjust the straps and get him comfy was not fun.  So yeah, play with it beforehand.

• I have no issues with my rear adjusting car seat. I got a great deal on the Snugride 22 also and just adjust it when we're in the house if it needs to be adjusted.

I understand really needing the front adjust on a convertible seat because you have to adjust it in the car, but I don't think rear adjust on an infant seat is inconvenient enough to warrant a big price difference. 

11-15-08
    12-1-10
  • I also have the Graco Snugride Platinum- LOVE it.  I like the adjuster since sometimes I put son in it with a sweater, othertimes in just a onesie.  Once you know how to use this it is really easy.  I think any car seat will just take some getting used to once baby arrives.
    Jack was born on 5.10.10 at 29 weeks.
    My little preemie is doing great and came home on his 7.22.10 due date!

[IMG]http://i54.tinypic.com/b4t64j.jpg[/IMG]
  • Thank you everyone for your responses!  I feel much more confident about choosing which snugride I should go with!

• What we did was go to the Graco website. You can filter by specific features, like front harness adjuster, and then see all available models. Once we figured out which model and pattern we preferred, then we did a retailer search. It seemed simpler than scanning through every major retailer website.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards