Austin Babies

Vaseline ok to use on baby lips?

DD is so dry up here in CO.  Her lips are so dry they have cracked in two places and bled a little.  Sad  Can I use a little Vaseline on her lips?  All I have is Burt's Bees and I figured that is a no, so I want to know before I go to Target if Vaseline is ok. 

Re: Vaseline ok to use on baby lips?

• We just used Burt's Bees.
  • I sure hope so, b/c I used a ton on Gracie's lips over the winter.
  • Loading the player...
  • Vaseline is our pedi's cure-all for chapped lips, dry skin, diaper rash, eczema, etc.
  • I've always used vaseline so I hope so.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Vaseline is made of petroleum, so I wasn't comfortable using that near DD's mouth. (I don't use regular chapstick for myself for the same reason.)

DD got a terrible scaly red rash around her mouth when she was a few days old. The pediatrician okayed Burt's Bees lip balm and another all-natural lip balm. The rash cleared up in 24 hours.

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • I wouldn't use it.  BB is probably fine, I *think* it is soy based.  honestly, our pedi told us that olive oil was one of the best moisturizers.  all natural, non allergenic, and is just one single substance as opposed to a mixture where you don't know what could possibly cause a reaction.
  • grapeseed oil is another great moisturizer that's petroleum free. It's a little lighter than olive oil but has the same effect. 
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"