March 2011 Moms

Stubborn Baby

Hi all! I am due this Friday and have no end to this pregnancy in sight. Last Tuesday my BP was elevated and baby wasn't moving as much, so I got sent to the hospital for monitoring. Yesterday I had another appointment (finally dilated 1 cm) and BP was still pretty high. Got sent over to the hospital for a 23-hour observation to see if Induction was needed. Had labs done, 12 hour urine collection and more monitoring to see if I've developed, am developing, PIH. Got the news from the doc this morning that all my tests came back normal- minimal protein in urine, etc. I have to go back up to the hospital tomorrow morning for more monitoring and another ultrasound. Then follow up with my doc on Friday. We may talk induction Friday. He also said that the baby's getting big- not sure what he means by big, but yuck! My doctor is trying to hold off on inducing me because my cervix isn't ready and he doesn't want me to have to have an unnecessary c-section. I'm tired of all this time spent in a hospital bed hooked up to monitors. Hoping my body and my baby are getting ready for labor on their own- THIS WEEK!!!

Re: Stubborn Baby

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"