March 2011 Moms

BH vs real contractions

I haven't had any BH, but how can you tell the difference?  I've been having contractions all morning that feel like menstrual cramps.  They've been all over the place so I don't know if they are the real thing or not.  TIA.
imageimageimage

Lilypie Maternity tickers

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker      

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: BH vs real contractions

• Real ones don't ease off if you move or change position.  Also if yours are anything like mine they stay in the lower abdomen and don't migrate up.  I've read that real contractions either begin in the back and migrate up your abdomen to the top of your uterus or the other way around.  

I've been having false contractions all week.  It's really frustrating cause I start thinking "this is it" and then I get up to go pee and they go away...ugh! 

• imageschirinos:

Real ones don't ease off if you move or change position.  Also if yours are anything like mine they stay in the lower abdomen and don't migrate up.  I've read that real contractions either begin in the back and migrate up your abdomen to the top of your uterus or the other way around.  

I've been having false contractions all week.  It's really frustrating cause I start thinking "this is it" and then I get up to go pee and they go away...ugh! 

This! I have been contracting all week, but after talking to my MW yesterday I found out they are not the real thing.  She told me real contractions stop you in your tracks, to the point you can't talk or walk through them. 

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker BabyFruit Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • imagetolicakes:
    imageschirinos:

Real ones don't ease off if you move or change position.  Also if yours are anything like mine they stay in the lower abdomen and don't migrate up.  I've read that real contractions either begin in the back and migrate up your abdomen to the top of your uterus or the other way around.  

This! I have been contracting all week, but after talking to my MW yesterday I found out they are not the real thing.  She told me real contractions stop you in your tracks, to the point you can't talk or walk through them. 

Me three.  BOO!  With BH my stomach gets really hard all over for several seconds, but then goes away without any real "pain".  When you start having pain, not cramps, then you are getting real ones.  And you might think this is it with BH, but I promise once the real ones come (at least the "get me to the hospital" kind) you'll know it!  :)

Mr & Mrs - 10/15/05
    Elijah Matthew - 5/3/07 ~ Adalyn Rosemary - 3/23/11
    imageimage
    *Photos by Kacy Cierley*
    Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickersLilypie First Birthday tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"