March 2011 Moms
Options

Dialated Question???

I had my first internal today and was 3 cm and 75% effaced.  My doc said with no sex and skipping internals next week we can try to prolong the birth of the baby (I am trying to wait until my spring break).  She said I wouldn't last until my due date, probably the 27th at the latest.

How fast can you progress? (I know everyone is different) Or is this totally normal for almost 37 weeks?

THANKS!

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: Dialated Question???

• Options
    Everyone is different.  Usually you progress slower with your first baby.  Which baby is this for you?  I'll be 39 weeks on Friday and I'm only 1cm dilated, 25% effaced, and this my first baby.  So I would say your OB is right, you will probably go early.
  • Options

It's my first--- I'm just trying to figure out how early. I am doing my best to finish up my report cards and tie up loose strings at school. I am just hoping not to go too early!

Thanks!

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    There is no definite here. I am on pg #2. With DS, I was 2cm and 50% at 37 weeks and then 4 cm and 75% at 38 weeks. I delivered the morning after my 38 week appointment. With this pg, I was 1 cm and 50% at 36 weeks, 2 cm and 75% at 37 weeks and have been there ever since.

• Options

Honestly, you could go into labor tonight.

Or it could be 4 weeks from now, there really is NO way to tell.  That is why so many folks don't even get internals b/c there is really no predictive factor.

With my first, I was already getting my epi at 3 cm b/c I was in active labor. But some people walk around 4cm dilated for weeks.  

Just work really hard and get things done when you can :-)

imageBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker imageLilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options
    Two weeks ago I was 1cm and 50% effaced, one week ago I was 2 cm and 80% effaced, then this week I was between a 2 and a 3 and was 80-90% so at first I progressed quickly. My dr thought I would have had a baby before this weeks appointment but it didn't happen. She also said she thought I woildnt be pregnant still on my due date but as it gets closer, I start to wonder. This is my first baby so I don't know what to expect either but I just wanna say, don't get your hopes up too high just yet....good luck though!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options
    everyones different. im 38 weeks and not dialeted at all, and 60% effaced. she can feel his head but still not dialted!
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers Image and video hosting by TinyPic
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"