Pregnant after IF
Options

Early gender scan?

What is the absolute earliest that you would have a gender scan at? I was joking around w/ 1 of the girls at my RE's office & asked her if they were going to sneak me in to do 1 & she said yes but no earlier than 12 weeks. I asked her if that was way too early & she said no b/c their u/s tech was that good.

I feel that is a little too early & I doubt I would go that early. What do yall think?

PAIF/SAIF Always Welcome
TTC #1 Since 3/2010 Diagnosed with POF
6/2010-IVF #1 Cancelled after ER b/c 0 eggs recovered
On to Donor Eggs
9-30-10 IVF w/ DE begins & Donor started stims 10-4-10
Donor ER 10-14-10 14 Fertilized Eggs ~ ET 10-17-10 (7 Frosties)
IVF #1 11-18-10 M/C @ 7 Weeks~Stopped growing @ 5 Weeks
FET #1 2-1-2011
Beta #1 13dp3dt 2-14-2011~722
Beta #2 15dp3dt 2-16-2011~1942
1st U/S 3-3-2011~Twin Girls

Lilypie Premature Baby tickers

Re: Early gender scan?

• Options

I was offered some sort of blood test for determining the sex at the genetic clinic that did my NT scan at 12 weeks.

We passed on it, but we are Team Green.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    I wouldn't rely on anything prior to 16 weeks.

Kelly, Mom to Christopher Shannon 9.27.06, Catherine Quinn 2.24.09, Trey Barton lost on 12.28.09, Therese Barton lost on 6.10.10, Joseph Sullivan 7.23.11, and our latest, Victoria Maren 11.15.12

Secondary infertility success with IVF, then two losses, one at 14 weeks and one at 10 weeks, then success with IUI and then just pure, crazy luck.  Expecting our fifth in May as the result of a FET.

This Cluttered Life

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    I've heard that any scan done before 16 can be kind of unreliable. It seems like it would just add more questions than answers!
  • Options

They wouldn't tell us at our 12w5d NT Scan, because it was too early to tell.  They were able to tell us at our 17w5d Anatomy Scan.

Good Luck!!  Big Smile

Mr. & Mrs. ~ 09.08.07

• Options
    I received an incorrect gender guess at 15 weeks. It seems that the "norm" is 16 weeks is the earliest.
    After 3 years, 3 losses, and 3 IVF's, our little girls have arrived! Lilypie Premature Baby tickers Zoo
  • Options

We found out at 16w3d at a non-elective ultrasound.  It was very clear.

I think 12 weeks is way too early, but you could definitely have a good chance at 15-16 weeks. 

• Options

imageetoyama:
    I've heard that any scan done before 16 can be kind of unreliable. It seems like it would just add more questions than answers!

when are you finding out about beep beep?? i cant wait!!! 

::PAIF/SAIF Welcome::

TTC since July 2008
    IUI 1,2,3 BFN
    IVF #1 C/P, FET 1,2,3 BFN
    IVF#2 BFP

it's a girl!!

Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options
    i was told i can find out at 13 weeks so i will try that out!
    ::PAIF/SAIF Welcome::

TTC since July 2008
    IUI 1,2,3 BFN
    IVF #1 C/P, FET 1,2,3 BFN
    IVF#2 BFP

it's a girl!!

Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options

At my NT scan at 13 weeks I was told 2 girls and it was right.

I don't recommend relying on that however. 

Our IVF Miracles! Lilypie Premature Baby tickers
  • Options

I've been told reliable results happen after 16 weeks by my MFM, OB, RE and elective u/s tech, that's a lot of people to all say the same thing.  I mean technically they have a 50/50 chance of being right at any given time which isn't terrible so I would think anything prior to 16 weeks is a guess, albiet educated, I wouldn't paint the nursery or do any major shopping based on it.

We did an elective scan at almost 17w and I was scared to death that they would tell us the opposite at our 20w scan.  Not that we would have been disappointed, but you get used to your child being a boy or a girl and start to make plans for them and I think I would have been sad to say goodbye the little boy in my head if they had told us the earlier u/s was wrong.  I would be thrilled with either, but we were attached to our little boy by that time.

TTC since 8/2004
    Me - DX Hashimoto's Disease, Hypothyroid, Rheumatoid Arthritis
    DH - DX Azoospermia - Sertoli Cell Syndrome
    DS-IUI #1-4 BFN IVF #1 - BFP! It's a boy!!!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    I would wait until 16 weeks so that you are confident in the prediction! 
  • Options
    I'd love to find out at my NT scan, but most likely they won't tell me.  I agree with the 16 weeks.  :)
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker IUI #1~BFP!!! Beta #1~13dpo 100 Beta #2~15dpo 216 BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    Thanks ladies!!! I think we will go with 16 weeks! =)
    PAIF/SAIF Always Welcome
    TTC #1 Since 3/2010 Diagnosed with POF
    6/2010-IVF #1 Cancelled after ER b/c 0 eggs recovered
    On to Donor Eggs
    9-30-10 IVF w/ DE begins & Donor started stims 10-4-10
    Donor ER 10-14-10 14 Fertilized Eggs ~ ET 10-17-10 (7 Frosties)
    IVF #1 11-18-10 M/C @ 7 Weeks~Stopped growing @ 5 Weeks
    FET #1 2-1-2011
    Beta #1 13dp3dt 2-14-2011~722
    Beta #2 15dp3dt 2-16-2011~1942
    1st U/S 3-3-2011~Twin Girls

• Options

At my NT scan the tech made a very "confident" guess that we were having a girl. WELL, at our 16 week elective gender ultrasound they revealed that we were in fact having a BOY with a very prominent wieney Indifferent  My 20 week ultrasound confirmed that he is absolutely, positively a boy!

So, I would definitely not trust anything until at least 16 weeks. I was absolutely convinced that I was having a girl up until 16 weeks.

Our 1st IVF miracle, Briggs Sterling, born via c-section due to IUGR and footling breech. 6.5.11. 5:51am. 5lbs 1.5oz.

The Sunny Side of Life Blog Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options

@ 16w I was told that I was having a girl

@19 weeks I was told I was having a boy....and he's definitely a boy.

I wouldn't trust anything until closer to 20 weeks.  Things down there change A LOT in just a few weeks time.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"