3rd Trimester

Can i see your BOY bfp charts

Re: Can i see your BOY bfp charts

• In my siggy
    Logan Alexander born May 9th 2011. He has stolen my heart forever. Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker BFP #2 05/24/12 EDD 01/31/13 D&C 06/26/12 Missing you. Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers Diagnosed with Ashermans 11/06/12 Surgery 01/18/13, Cleared for TTC 03/01/13 BFP 03/26/13 IT'S A BOY! Please Be Our Rainbow! BabyFruit Ticker
  • Oh brother... You've got 15 weeks, you'll know then.
    "If you find a mate in life, you should be loyal. In your case, grateful."
    SAHM to two sweet girls, both born at home; Baby #3 in 2013!
    BabyFetus Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • I'd show you mine from DS, but we had sex the 2 days before, during and after ovulation. I don't think it will tell you what you want to see :)

With this baby, I was not charting, but I knew she might be a girl (according to Shettles) because we had sex a few days before ovulation this time around.   Sure enough, I was right!

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• imageDesignsOnYou:
    Oh brother... You've got 15 weeks, you'll know then.

Funny Stick out tongue

• imageamy1007:

imageDesignsOnYou:
    Oh brother... You've got 15 weeks, you'll know then.

Funny Stick out tongue

Yes relax and enjoy the early comfortable stage of pregnancy you'll know soon enough

• We had sex the morning I O'd. I teased DH that if we had a boy, it would be his fault. At our u/s, when the tech told us it was a boy, I turned to DH and said, "I told you!"

I still don't put much stock into this method though. Even though I'd like a girl when we have a 2nd child, I'm not going to miss a perfectly good cycle by trying to "time" it.

Our active toddler: Born March 14, 2011 Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Excited for version 2.0: BFP- 10/8/12 EDD: June 21, 2013 BabyFruit Ticker
  • You do realize that DH is the one that determines the gender.  You as a woman (XX) only produce X-germ cells, while DH (XY) produces both X-germ cells and Y-germ cells.  Timing of your cycle means absolutely nothing when it comes to determining gender...you get whichever one of his sperm got there first!

• In my siggy. But if you're looking for timing of sex and the sex of the baby, you won't learn much from mine. We had lots of sex during O time.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • imagecrunchyNMmama:
    You do realize that DH is the one that determines the gender.  You as a woman (XX) only produce X-germ cells, while DH (XY) produces both X-germ cells and Y-germ cells.  Timing of your cycle means absolutely nothing when it comes to determining gender...you get whichever one of his sperm got there first!

Obviously take this with a shaker of salt, but the OP is not suggesting that she has anything to do with sex selection 

ETA: I can't seem to copy and paste, but google the shettles method or click here https://pregnancy.about.com/od/genderselection/a/shettlesmethod.htm 

X-bearing Sperm

• survive longer in the cervical environment.
    • are slower than their Y-bearing counterparts.

Y-bearing Sperm

• are faster and smaller than their X-bearing counterparts.
    • are not as hearty and die more quickly.

Shettles Theory to Conceive a Girl

• You should have sex 2-3 days before ovulation to allow the Y-bearing sperm to die off before the egg becomes available during ovulation.
    • Women should avoid orgasms because it makes the vagina less favorable for the X-bearing sperm that prefer the acidic environment.
    • Avoid sexual positions that involve deep penetration.

Shettles Theory to Conceive a Boy

• Use sexual positions with deep penetration, this gives preference to the supposedly faster, but less hearty Y-bearing sperm.
    • Have sex as close to ovulation as possible, to take advantage of the speed of the Y-bearing sperm.
    • Women should have orgasms when trying to conceive a boy, and preferably at the same time as their partner.

According to Shettles:

X-bearing Sperm

• survive longer in the cervical environment.
    • are slower than their Y-bearing counterparts.

Y-bearing Sperm

• are faster and smaller than their X-bearing counterparts.
    • are not as hearty and die more quickly.

Shettles Theory to Conceive a Girl

• You should have sex 2-3 days before ovulation to allow the Y-bearing sperm to die off before the egg becomes available during ovulation.
    • Women should avoid orgasms because it makes the vagina less favorable for the X-bearing sperm that prefer the acidic environment.
    • Avoid sexual positions that involve deep penetration.

Shettles Theory to Conceive a Boy

• Use sexual positions with deep penetration, this gives preference to the supposedly faster, but less hearty Y-bearing sperm.
    • Have sex as close to ovulation as possible, to take advantage of the speed of the Y-bearing sperm.
    • Women should have orgasms when trying to conceive a boy, and preferably at the same time as their partner.

• imagecrunchyNMmama:
    You do realize that DH is the one that determines the gender.  You as a woman (XX) only produce X-germ cells, while DH (XY) produces both X-germ cells and Y-germ cells.  Timing of your cycle means absolutely nothing when it comes to determining gender...you get whichever one of his sperm got there first!

Some research shows that XY sperm are faster to travel up to the egg than XX sperm.  According to this, having sex a few days before O will lead to a XX sperm getting to the egg were as having sex the day of or day after will mean a XY sperm gets to the egg first.  So yes, it is the sperm that determines the gender of the baby, but by timing it, you can make it more likely which one gets there. 

Not saying I'm sold on it, just providing the info. 

• imagecroberts22:

imagecrunchyNMmama:

Some research shows that XY sperm are faster to travel up to the egg than XX sperm.  According to this, having sex a few days before O will lead to a XX sperm getting to the egg were as having sex the day of or day after will mean a XY sperm gets to the egg first.  So yes, it is the sperm that determines the gender of the baby, but by timing it, you can make it more likely which one gets there. 

Not saying I'm sold on it, just providing the info. 

Just an FYI, sperm and egg cells are haploid, so there are no XX or XY.  (Well, there are sometimes but those result in genetic syndromes.)  Sperm are either X or Y and eggs are X.  I still think the idea is ridiculous, but to each their own.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"