Infertility
Options

Side Effects from Gonal F or Menpur?

Ok, I am freaking out a little here. Within about ten minutes of doing my injections last night I started feeling pretty sick to my stomach and I got a really fast but intense headache. It got better by the time I went to bed, but I am still pretty queasy this morning. Has anyone else gotten nauseous from their stims?

I am praying I am just either a) getting sick with a cold (have a little sore throat too) or b) I am just nauseous because my next remicade infusion is tomorrow. BTW does anyone know if there are certain meds you should stay away from on stims? I want to take some Dayquil for my throat but not sure if I should or not.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: Side Effects from Gonal F or Menpur?

• Options

Having never taken Menpur, I would say that it is that or you are in fact getting a cold. I think dayquil is ok -- but I'm not certain.

BUT Gonal F made me feel wonderful - no s/e what so ever. I was in a great mood the entire time! Strange!

I hope you feel better!

TTC #2 since June '08

~*DD 10.21.07*~

dx unexplained

IUI #1-4 BFN

IVF#1 June 2011 BFN

IVF#2 Dec 2011

Beta#1 12/21 : 812 Beta#2 12/23 : 1634

EDD 8/25

*PAIFW/SAIFW*

• Options

I didn't have any SE on either of those.  I was on 300GonalF+150Menopur.  Check the label inserts that come with the drugs - its totally possible that those are SE. 

I think you're not supposed to take any advil/nsaids.  Tylenol should be fine.  Not sure about whatever else is in dayquil. 

EDT: Are you just starting these meds?  The first 2 days I didn't feel great but no stomach upset or headache.  Its hard to adjust from taking the lower GonalF dose for IUIs to IVF doses.  I adjusted pretty quickly, though.

3 failed IUIs, 1 successful IVF Lilypie Premature Baby tickers imageimage
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    My only S/E were hot flashes and very vivid dreams. Hopefully you just have a bit of a cold. If you are worried about taking meds, then try some tea with lemon and good old fashioned chicken soup. Also maybe some crackers or ginger ale for the nausea.
  • Options
    I'm sorry you feel bad. I didn't usually feel bad when taking Gonal F and haven't done menpur yet  I would double check with the meds, they didn't want me taking much. I hope you feel better.
    PAIF and SAIF Always Welcome!
    TTC since 2007
    6 IUIs, 3 IVFs, and 2 m/c :< PCOS, Blood Clotting Disorder & MFI
    IVF #2 Aug 2011 is a BFN:<
    IVF #3 March 2012 is a BFN
    Not sure what to do now. Sad and lost.
    Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers
  • Options
    imageClickMama:

I didn't have any SE on either of those.  I was on 300GonalF+150Menopur.  Check the label inserts that come with the drugs - its totally possible that those are SE. 

I think you're not supposed to take any advil/nsaids.  Tylenol should be fine.  Not sure about whatever else is in dayquil. 

EDT: Are you just starting these meds?  The first 2 days I didn't feel great but no stomach upset or headache.  Its hard to adjust from taking the lower GonalF dose for IUIs to IVF doses.  I adjusted pretty quickly, though.

Yup last night was my first night of stims. Hopefully that was it and I will get used to the doses. I am not very good at being nauseous. And I usually try not to look at the inserts for meds, if I read the side effects of things I will almost certainly convince myself I am getting them. Before this whole IF thing started I was not a fan of taking a lot of drugs. Ironic right?

• Options

I didn't have any side effects except for major bloating.

As for the dayquil, I wouldn't do it. Tylenol for pain, plain robutussin for cough, and plain sudafed for congestion. 

TTC with severe MFI since 9/08 IVF w/ ICSI #1 May/June 2010= BFP twins
    Callan George and Bennett Charles born and died 11/7/10
    Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers
    FET #1 April 2011= BFN
    FET #2 July 2011= no transfer because my lining sucked
    FET #3 February 2012= BFP! 1st beta 9dp5dt=314 2nd beta 11dp5dt=977 1st U/S 3/20 Twins- Heart rates of 111 and 138 Pregnancy Ticker
    Living After Losing
  • Options
    imagecookie_queen:

I didn't have any side effects except for major bloating.

As for the dayquil, I wouldn't do it. Tylenol for pain, plain robutussin for cough, and plain sudafed for congestion. 

I called my RE and asked them about the dayquil and they said the exact same thing! Thanks Queen!

• Options
    imagethebeadinglady:
    imageClickMama:

Yup last night was my first night of stims. Hopefully that was it and I will get used to the doses. I am not very good at being nauseous. And I usually try not to look at the inserts for meds, if I read the side effects of things I will almost certainly convince myself I am getting them. Before this whole IF thing started I was not a fan of taking a lot of drugs. Ironic right?

I totally understand.  I don't take drugs usually, so the whole IVF regimen was a bit of an overload for me.  

btw, I do agree with pp, I did have vivid dreams, but I also had them on the lower gonal-f iui doses.  They can be fun!  

Hope you feel better soon!

3 failed IUIs, 1 successful IVF Lilypie Premature Baby tickers imageimage
  • Options
    imagethebeadinglady:
    imageClickMama:

This is me exactly!

Me: 27, DH: 28 TTC since 11/09
    2/10 & 3/10 Clomid 50mg-BFN
    5/10-Lap Surgery for Stage 2 Endo
    3/11-IUI#1 with Follistim and Menopur-developed mild OHSS= BFN
    6/11-IUI#2 with Follistim -developed moderate OHSS= BFN!
    7/11-FSH-11, AMH 1.6
    9/11-ttc naturally with positive thoughts :)
    10/6/11-POSITIVE pregnancy test!!! 15dpo BETA-220
    6/14/2012- Riley Harper arrived!! We love our little girl
    <a href="http://s532.photobucket.com/albums/ee324/exploshidad/?action=view
  • Options
    I've never been on Menopur and I didn't have any s/e from Gonal-F. The only thing that game me s/e was Lupron. I hope you feel better!
    m/c 7/17/10
    Dx: MFI- 3% morph
    IUIs: Gonal-F + Ovidrel + b2b IUI= BFNs
    IVF with ICSI= BFP! EDD 11/25/11
    3/18- Beta #1 452! 3/20- Beta #2 1,026!! 3/27- First u/s- TWINS!
    Our twin boys arrived at 36w5d due to IUGR and a growth discordance

FET: Medicated FET moved up to 5/23 due to ovulation
    Transferred a 6BB hatched blastocyst- genetically normal female embryo
    BFP! 5/28- 5dp6dt      
    6/1 Beta #1- 223! 6/3 Beta #2- 567!

Be kinder than necessary, for everyone you meet is fighting some kind of battle.
  • Options

The only med that made me feel nauseous was the doxy.  With the stims, I didn't really have any s/e other than being very emotional (unusual for me) and I could feel my ovaries, but that wasn't until I was several day into the stims.

I hope you feel better soon!

IVF #3 = Feb 2012
    beta#1 3/21 (14dp3dt)=413, beta#2 3/23 (16dp3dt)=785, u/s 4/11
    EDD 11/25/12
    **SAIFW** Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options

The only thing I have had was headaches!  I haven't had anything else!

Hope you feel better!

Jennifer TTC #1 Dx PCOS 2009 Apr, Aug, and Sept tried clomid cycles.... BFN. Oct...DH SA results were normal. Me...HSG - left tube was clear, right tube was slightly blocked. Dec - Clomid #4 200mg Feb 2010 - IUI #1 200mg Clomid = BFN. June 2010 - IUI #2 200mg Clomid = BFN. March 2011 - IUI #3 w/ injectables = BFN (1st & last with RE, moving on to IVF). July 2011 - consult for IVF. Sept 2011, 1st IVF. Got our BFP on 10/2/11. Became a mom on 5/5/12 to a beautiful baby boy! Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"