Stay at Home Moms

Stuff to do? Husband bored on Paternity Leave...

So, my DH has been a crotchety jerk the past week or so.  I finally pressed him as to what was wrong and as it turns out, he's just bored.  Welcome to my world.  He's got six weeks off paternity leave and so we've got an other three weeks or so to go. He said all he does everyday is look forward to naptime and dinner time.

Admittedly, I haven't been making an effort to get out.  Mainly because - There really isn't much, I can think of, to do unless you want to shell out big bucks every time.

We went to Chuck-e-Cheese this morning and that was fun but $30 for 90 minutes of play.  Well worth it but I don't want to do that everyday... so... ideas for things to do to get us out of the house that aren't shopping-related and that don't cost big bucks?  We have decent weather here so definitely going to hit up some parks, library story-time, I found a working farm that offers tours, going to hit the zoo...

Any other ideas greatly appreciated.  They can be kid-focused or just ideas that are more for adults but the kids can come along.

Thx! 

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: Stuff to do? Husband bored on Paternity Leave...

• If the weather is nice go outside once in the morning and once in the afternoon.  20 minutes each time.  Parker loved being outside at Jackson's age- so many things to learn (leaves, rocks, the sidewalk becomes a balance beam!, cracks in the sidewalk/streets become something to jump over).  Do bubbles, sidewalk chalk, buy a slide for your yard.  Get a swing.

And- you can take the morning walk outside while DH takes time inside by himself and then vice versa in the afternoon. 

It may seem boring now but the more time you spend outside the more fun it is :) GL! 

• Oh man, i would send him back to work. 
    Audrey Elizabeth 11-11-06 image
  • Loading the player...
  • Great idea! We took bubbles and a big beach ball outside yesterday and played on the grass - Jackson loved it.  I
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • this question was asked on the Detroit board as well...in our area there are some indoor play gyms (like the play place at McD, w/o the McD), indoor swimming at YMCA or another pool. ours has family swim time $10 per person/max of $15 per family, and a hands on museum can also be fun. we have a science center and a few other museums in our area. if the weather is nice look for a historical village near you. there are two in metro detroit: greenfield village & henry ford museum (owned by the ford family) and canterburry village (they have a train you can ride around the park)

since i don't know where you live i can't be more specific but these are things that moms in my area are doing with their LO's. my nephew LOVES greenfield village! 

• Our schedule is something like this...

Monday: Play date of some sort
    Tuesday: Story Time
    Wednesday: Play date
    Thursday: Open play time at YMCA
    Friday: Errands

We also have a zoo membership so do that every couple weeks.

"imageimage
    The big sister, and Momma 30 weeks along with baby sister
    Lilypie Third Birthday tickersLilypie Pregnancy tickers
    Food Blog, Family and Baby Blog
  • Any local museums?  I know by us, a lot of the museums have free passes through the library.  There's a program called Adventure Museum Pass.  I'm not sure if it's only for Chicago, but even if it is there might be something similar near you.  Or your library might have a membership that they loan out with your library card.
  • We love to go on walks/trails together as a family.  We go to Barnes and Noble to play in their children area a lot, too.  Finding an place with an indoor pool would be fun - you could watch with the baby and let DH take your son swimming. Sometimes we just like to walk around a mall or shopping center just to get out of the house.  My DH would also get bored for 6 weeks!
  • He can take care of the baby while you sleep! Or do the housework and cook meals for you. He can even cook a bunch a food and freeze it for when you are on your own.
    imageLilypie Premature Baby tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"