Parenting
Options

What is your FAVORITE dinner you make?

I am looking to start a meal plan each week and pre plan out our meals since we have been eating out 5-6 times a week!!! I feel like we eat crap when we are at home ( a lot of boxed/pre-packaged meals) I want to star really cooking. So what is your favorite meal?

And nothinkg with fish....TIA!

Re: What is your FAVORITE dinner you make?

• Options

lots of mexican food - chimichangas, mexican lasagna, enchillada casserole, chicken tacos and beef tacos.

my favorite dinner i make but not very often is chicken parmasean.

"image"
    Ethan {1.11.10} & Malia {12.28.06}
  • Options

Kung Pao Chicken is the best thing I make (according to DH).

Dice up chicken breasts, peppers, bokchoy, celery, ginger or ginger powder, peanuts. Pan fry with a little veg. oil then add soy sauce and corn starch once fully cooked.  Serve over rice.

Mia (6~24~06) & Jillian (6~29~09)
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    • Tace bake
    • turkey burgers
    • chicken salad
    • buffalo chicken over salad
    • all kinds of pasta- baked ziti is easiest
    • homemade pizza
    • stir fry

~Lisa
    Mum to Owen and Lucas Daisypath Wedding tickers>
  • Options

Skinless, boneless chicken thighs are a staple in my house. 

Last night I cooked them on the stove with some olive oil, seasoned with basil, s&p, thyme, then added in scallions, roasted peppers, and a can of kidney beans.  Served it over egg noodles.  It sounds really weird, it is a WW recipe, but it was really good.

• Options

Sheppard?s Pie.

Brown ground beef, add chopped onions...simmer so the onions cook down some.

Sprinkle cheese in frozen pie crust, top with ground beef mixture, fill rest of pie crust with mashed potatoes, sprinkle cheese on top, put in 400 degree oven for about 10 minutes to crisp crust edges & melt cheese.

You can add any canned veggie to the meat mixture, or as another layer to add some healthy aspect.  Sometimes I add corn, or mixed veggies.

• Options

goulash is my favorite super quick meal to make .... I also do meatloaf and beef stew, chicken & biscuits.

When you start planning meals .... keep as simple and basic and then venture out to more complicated meals

Kristie

Josh-10/1/87, Brittany 3/9/91, Mandi 7/26/92, Michelle 9/11/06 image I'M GRAPE JELLY- ALWAYS AROUND & ALWAYS THE SAME If I leave here tomorrow, would you still remember me. For I must be traveling on now. Because there are too many places I've got to see. -Allen Collins & Ronnie VanZant My favorite verse!
  • Options
    Chicken Cordon Blue.... YUMMY!
  • Options

Mine is chicken cordon bleu.

H would say either chicken stuffed with asparagus and cheese, or garlic cheddar chicken.

(We like chicken and cheese in our house I guess) 

imageimage
  • Options

Homemade pizza is DH and DD's fav.  Not quite sure what mine is.

Anyone want to share thier chicken cordon bleu recipe with me?  I love it but have never cooked it myself!

• Options

My chicken cordon bleu is pretty easy.

I take boneless, skinless breasts, and filet them. I put some ham and cheese in them (whatever kind you like), dip in bread crumbs, then place in a baking dish. I season with garlic and oregano (and usually put some more cheese on top), then pop in the oven at 350. After 1/2 hour or so, flip them. Once they're close to being done cooking (generally I cook about an hour or so?), I heat some milk, butter and cheese in a sauce pan, and then add drippings from the baking dish to make a cheese sauce. Thicken sauce with some corn starch dissolved in water.

imageimage
  • Options
    Ham steaks with buttered egg noodles and peas. 
  • Options

My favorite would be either Cincinnati Chili or Pizza Spaghetti

I actually have some of the Cincinnati Chili in a crock pot right now.

• Options
    My DH loves the chicken square recipe that was floating around on the Parenting board for a long time.  We also do tacos with ground chicken and carbanara which is basically bacon and noodles.
  • Options

Quick and easy Chicken Curry - Mix 1/2 cup honey, 1/4 cup grey poupon mustard, 1/4 cup butter and 2 T curry powder on stove top.  Pour over diced uncooked chicken breast and cook in oven heated to 350 for 40 minutes or so.  You can add a little chili powder to add some spice.  Serve with rice.  MH loves it and even Jack eats it.  I like it because it's really good considering how freaking easy it is.

• Options
    Our no-fail quick dinner is always some sort of pasta (usually whole-wheat penne) with chicken and veggies in roasted garlic oil. The chicken is pre-cooked (Tyson makes grilled chicken strips, they sell it at BJ?s, they?re waaay better than purdue?s chicken selects, and they?re a lifesaver), toast garlic in olive oil, sautee chicken and veggies (we?ve done asparagus, arugula, cherry tomatoes, broccoli rabe, mushrooms, etc), toss with pasta and S&P, sprinkle with grated cheese. Serve with stop & shop?s pesto artisan foccacia bread (in freezer section). Yum.

Also, grilled steak and blue cheese with salad and a bakes potato are good. And pan-seared chicken (free-range is best) with maple-roasted veggies (carrots, brussel sprouts, onions, etc.) and rice, sweet potato mash or polenta is great (we had this the other day). They all can be made within 45 min. or less.

I have plenty of other meal ideas if you want.

My babies!! Patrick Aydin, 9.24.07, and Alia Noor, 6.1.11 imageimage
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"