Indiana Babies
Options

Newb Stroller/Car Seat Questions

So bear with me, because I really know very little about this topic.

I've done some research this weekend and I think I just want to buy a nice jogging stroller like the B.O.B or Bumbleride Indie and use this as the main stroller.  We would bypass the travel system all together and buy the infant seat adapter (if it doesn't come with the stroller) to use for the first several months.  For quick shopping trips when the baby's older, I would probably have an umbrella stroller.

DH and I both run a lot and plan to use the stroller on both pavement and trails. 

So tell me, do you think I'll regret not having a travel system?  Is it practical to think I could use the B.O.B or Bumbleride while shopping or for everyday use?  I know everyone says that having the snap and go infant seat is so nice, so I'm guessing that having the infant seat adapter will serve this same purpose?

And...thoughts...go! 

Re: Newb Stroller/Car Seat Questions

• Options

I think it sounds like a great idea, as long as the strollers themselves aren't super heavy to load/unload from the car. We've essentiall done everything you mentioned and have been really happy. We bought the Uppababy Vista (which isn't a jogging stroller but it's big like one) and the carseat adapter and used it like a snap n go. Once she got to the age that she wanted to see everything (like 3 months), we stopped using the adapter and started using the toddler seat. Now I use a maclaren umbrella stroller for quick trips. It's been perfect for us.

I think more people advise against a true "travel system" than those that do. A lot of people don't seem happy with a system. 

• Options
    I actually wish we had skipped the travel system and bought our Baby Jogger in the beginning.  I think that as long as you have the infant adapter for the BOB, you won't care about not having the travel system. 
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

I was just thinking about this yesterday--if I were to do it over again, I would have just gotten the chicco seat and not the stroller.  We only use it around the neighborhood, and I'm going to sell it now that I just got a BOB.  I do really love the chicco car seat though, especially if you have multiple cars you need to put bases in.  The police officer who installed it said it's hands down his favorite. 

I have really loved my snap & go though--Josie is still in hers at 7 months.  It's so easy when I need to go in a store that doesn't have carts.  I got it off a friend for only $20.  I got super lucky this weekend and got a BOB w/adapter off of craig's list for only $95. 

• Options
    That's basically what we did, and we've been very happy. We got a BOB as well as a Snap n' Go, but no travel system. I LOVE the BOB and we have used it frequently with the carseat adapter, but I'm really really glad we have the Snap n Go too because it's nice to have something small and lightweight, especially to use in tight spaces. We also bought an umbrella stroller once Jocelyn got older. I don't think we'd do anything different. Now that we have 2 kids we bought a used Sit n' Stand and it's worked out wonderfully so far.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Options
    imageSusieDMB:

I was just thinking about this yesterday--if I were to do it over again, I would have just gotten the chicco seat and not the stroller.  We only use it around the neighborhood, and I'm going to sell it now that I just got a BOB.  I do really love the chicco car seat though, especially if you have multiple cars you need to put bases in.  The police officer who installed it said it's hands down his favorite. 

I have really loved my snap & go though--Josie is still in hers at 7 months.  It's so easy when I need to go in a store that doesn't have carts.  I got it off a friend for only $20.  I got super lucky this weekend and got a BOB w/adapter off of craig's list for only $95. 

Wow!!  Very impressive!  You always find the best deals!  I've been looking on CL Denver and there are a few BOBs on there, but nothing under $300 yet.  I'm going to keep stalking. 

• Options

imagemarleysmom:
    That's basically what we did, and we've been very happy. We got a BOB as well as a Snap n' Go, but no travel system. I LOVE the BOB and we have used it frequently with the carseat adapter, but I'm really really glad we have the Snap n Go too because it's nice to have something small and lightweight, especially to use in tight spaces. We also bought an umbrella stroller once Jocelyn got older. I don't think we'd do anything different. Now that we have 2 kids we bought a used Sit n' Stand and it's worked out wonderfully so far.

So did you buy your Snap n' Go as a set with your car seat, or can you get a cheap one that's universal?  I need to do some more research on this, because that never crossed my mind.  Good idea!  That's one of my concerns - that I won't want to lug the BOB/Bumbleride in and out of the car for every single outing.

• Options
    imageSweetTea*83:

imagemarleysmom:

So did you buy your Snap n' Go as a set with your car seat, or can you get a cheap one that's universal?  I need to do some more research on this, because that never crossed my mind.  Good idea!  That's one of my concerns - that I won't want to lug the BOB/Bumbleride in and out of the car for every single outing.

We bought them separately. We have the Chicco Keyfit 30 and the original Snap n' Go. The Keyfit doesn't actually "snap" into the stroller frame, but it is definitely secure enough that I'm comfortable with it. When we decided on that combo I knew they weren't technically compatible but I read plenty of reviews from others that were satisfied with how they worked together. That was 2 years ago - not sure if maybe there is a snap n' go-type frame on the market now that is officially compatible with the Keyfit?

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Options
    We never had a travel system and I'm glad. I don't see the point, to be honest, especially if you jog and get a nice jogger!
    Pregnancy Ticker Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    Lindsey, the Maclaren Easy Traveler is a universal frame just like the Snap-and-Go, but it has a bigger basket and folds easier than the SNG. We love ours! I think it's only like 9lbs.
    Pregnancy Ticker Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    I have the baby trend snap & go.  If you got it w/a BRU 20% off coupon, it would only be $56.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"