D.C. Area Babies
Options

No linea nigra during second pregnancy?

Last pregnancy I had a very defined linea nigra and I'm pretty sure it showed up sometime early in the second trimester. Now I am almost 30 weeks and it has not appeared. I wonder if I'm not going to get one this time. Obviously, it doesn't really matter but I just thought it was kind of odd because I was expecting it.

There have been other welcome changes with pregnancy #2 which are (a) my boobs didn't hurt at all during first tri (b) DD#2 has decided not to put a limb in my ribcage like DD#1 did (c) overall, it just seems easier. ::knocks on wood::

Anyway, just curious as to when your linea nigra appeared and for those with more than one kid, was it different with subsequent pregnancies?

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Re: No linea nigra during second pregnancy?

• Options

I don't remember exactly,but I do remember that mine came later with the second pregnancy...

And yay for a better second pregnancy...I would say mine were more or less the same...with a few more aches and pains with #2

• Options

I was just noticing this the other day.  I am almost positive I had it well before now with DS1 but I don't have it all yet with this pregnancy and I'm also almost 30 weeks.  Interesting...

Kim

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

Same here, had it the first time, but this time, nothing.

Other frustrations with PG #2:

1 - with #1, I gained 55+ lbs and had ZERO stretch marks. With this one, I have gained 16 lbs and am starting to get stretch marks. WTF.

2 - with #1, the only real pain I had was round ligament pain and it disappeared by 2nd tri. With this one, constant RLP plus the added delight of posterior pelvic pain in the sacroilial joints, despite swimming and yoga. I'm now seeing a chiropracter 3x per week.

I don't know why it is physically so much harder this time around, but hence, this one will be our last!

Lilypie First Birthday tickers Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
  • Options

I had a pretty obvious linea nigra throughout the second half of my pregnancy with DD.  I kept waiting for it with DS, but it never showed at all.  The only other obvious difference between the two was my skin got worse with DD but looked amazing with DS - hadn't been that clear since I was 14.  Maybe it's true that girls steal your beauty...

Glad #2 seems to be easier for you...I think usually it's the opposite.  My pregnancies were very similar, though #2 was a bit harder, probably due to caring for a toddler at the same time and just how my body seemed to "give up" a bit earlier.  I felt done by 37 weeks and had bad sciatica, whereas with DD I felt great (few aches, pains, and such) up until my due date.  Hope you continue to feel good through the third trimester!

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options

Okay, I'm glad to know that I'm not the only one re the linea nigra. I just found it a bit odd because I was expecting it to show up again.

Sorry to hear pregnancy is harder the second time around for some of you. For me, first tri was awful the second time around. I was so exhausted and threw up a few times whereas that never happened with pregnancy #1. However, this time around, 2nd tri seems easier. We shall see what 3rd tri brings!

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"