Pregnant after IF
Options

Back from Disney...and boy did morning sickness hit...

Hello there, Ladies! I just got back from Disney last night. We had a great time. I wish I could have brought the sunshine back with me! What I did bring back though is a whole lotta morning sickness! Although I have had it from the beginning, it has definitely intensified over the last week...to the point of throwing up once a day.

So ladies, any tips you can pass onto me to deal with it? I am trying to eat a bunch of small meals throughout the day. I have ginger ale on hand. Anything else? I am hoping that being at home will help!

I go back for another ultrasound tomorrow...hopefully we will see a heartbeat. Hubby wants me to ask about something for the nausea as well, but I don't know...maybe I can handle it for awhile longer without taking anything. 

After 2 years of TTC, our daughter was born on Oct 31, 2011!
7lbs 13oz  20 inches long
image"Lilypie">

Re: Back from Disney...and boy did morning sickness hit...

• Options

I'm so jealous! (About Disney, not the m/s)

I eat a little something as soon as I start to feel nauseated. That amounts to a snack every 2 hours (cheese stick, pudding cup, fruit...whatever I can handle). That seems to keep mine at bay for the most part.

I've heard citrus and citrus flavored stuff helps, as well. I've also seen lollipops (I think they're called "prego pops") in my hospital pharmacy before. They are supposed to combat m/s, but I haven't tried them so I don't know how well they work.

My Blog

Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers
    SAIF Always Welcome
    Diagnosed with PCOS: 10/03, On BCP to "treat" until: 7/09
    Provera to end Cycles 1-9 (anovulatory)
    Cycle #4 & 5: Clomid 50 mg FAIL
    RE Visit: 2000 mg Metformin
    Cycle 6:Forced Break, looking for androgen secreting tumor
    Cycle 7:Clomid CD 3-10, 12-17 FAIL
    Cycle 8: Clomid CD 3-10, Bravelle CD 12-24 Hyperstimmed
    New RE: Put on Byetta, lost 23 lbs
    Cycle 9: Financial Break
    Cycle 10: Femara CD 3-7, IUI CD 17 BFP on 2/14/11, m/c 3/7/11
  • Options
    Welcome back! You are already using my tip about m/s -- eating small meals throughout the day. :)
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

I still have m/s at 18+ weeks...  And it usually includes an early morning porcelain praying moment!  For me, our OB recommended a 25mg Benadryl before bed and 2 25mg Viatmin B6 pills during the day.  On the two occasions I haven't taken the Benadryl, I have been sick the entire day following.

Some of my colleagues have also taken a 1/2 tab of Unisom twice a day -- it has the same anti-motion sickness ingredient -- diphenhydramine.  It is mainly used for allergies, but also is known to cure motion sickness (among other things).

Also, I usually keep either gum or Jolly Ranchers with me at all times, as well as a bottle of water.  I always feel like I have hair or something caught in my throat, which makes me have to vomit.  Might be something else for you to consider, if you haven't started doing do!

Hope you're feeling better soon!!  Big Smile

Mr. & Mrs. ~ 09.08.07

Lilypie Premature Baby tickers
  • Options
    Def the small meals. I also really liked wintergreen life saver candies if I could get one in my mouth then I could usually avoid losing everything. My advice is ask for the medicine just in case you can't take the sickness anymore. It was the best thing for me, I felt SO much better. Just because you have the medicine doesn't mean you have to take it. Oh and one more thing I could hold stuff down better if I was craving it, that being said I didn't eat very healthy at first but am doing much better now.
    After almost 3 years and 2 IUIs our lil guy is here! Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker <a href="http://s579.photobucket.com/albums/ss238/hall_kyrac/?action=view
  • Options
    Thanks for the suggestions, ladies! I had an appointment this morning with the RE and he gave me a script for zofran to help as well. I'll get it filled this afternoon so I have it around in case I need it.
    After 2 years of TTC, our daughter was born on Oct 31, 2011!
    7lbs 13oz  20 inches long
    image"Lilypie">

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"