Parenting
Options

Poll: How long is your day?

On a weekday, how long is your day (when do you get up/go to bed)?

What does your day generally consist of?

Do you feel like you have a good balance of getting things done and rest?

TIA

Re: Poll: How long is your day?

• Options
    I get up around 8 and go to bed at 11. I think I have  a great balance of getting stuff done vs. relaxing. Some days I do more then others, but it all evens out.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    Up at 7, bed normally between 10 and 10:30.  Tonight is an exception.  I was off today and I'm off tomorrow.  I may stay up till 11:30ish.  Woot.  Late night.
    Kill all my demons and my angels might die too. -Tennessee Williams

You take my ovaries, I take your yarns.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

I usually get up around 7 and go to bed around 11-12

Mornings are straightening the house, getting lunches together, get self and daughter ready, sometimes taking her to school; then work; then home, dinner, clean up, play, bath, bedtime stuff, time with DH, down time (read, write, comp, tv, etc)

I don't feel balanced at all (which is why I'm polling!). I always have too much to do and always feel tired.  I have school work and work work that needs to be done at home, but I am too tired. My job is emotionally demanding, as is the mom/wife thing (obviously).  I keep thinking I need to get up earlier to get more things done, but it is sooo hard.

• Options
    My day usually consists of cooking, cleaning and playing with DS. I take time for myself when he takes his nap or sometimes he will watch tv.
  • Options

I'm up about 6:30-6:45 and in bed around 11.  Mornings are spent getting me ready, getting the kids up, getting them breakfast and getting their stuff ready for DH to take with them to school.  Work can be busy, but usually it's not.  I sit at a desk all day, so it's not physically demanding, but can be mentally draining.  I leave work about 4:30, pick up the kids and get home about 5:30.  Then it's making dinner, emptying lunch boxes and straightening up.  After dinner it's either baths or playing while DH cleans up a little.  After they're in bed I make their lunches and help clean up or do laundry.  I rest from about 9 to 11. 

I like my day.  I have always liked to be busy and have lots of structure in my day.

• Options

Too long and I never get enough done.

My days during the week are different.  I get up between 6 and 7 (with DD#2 or before) and go to bed around 11pm.  On Mondays and Fridays, the girls are at the sitter from 9-1 so I get up, get breakfast ready and get them packed and to the sitter.  Then I work from 9:30 to 12:30 or so, pick up the girls and bring them home hoping to get them down for a nap from 1:30-3ish to get more work done.  Tuesdays and Thursdays, DD#1 is at preschool so I get up extra early to get us all packed and out of the house.  DD#2 and I go into the office where I work and she naps in the morning after dropping DD#1 off.  Then we run errands on Tuesdays and have Kindermusik on Thursdays before picking DD#1 up.  Wednesdays the girls and I usually go to the park, library, zoo, etc. in the morning.  Most afternoons, we also play, go to the park, run errands after work/school, etc.  Around 4 (if I'm not doing a crockpot meal or something done earlier), I start cooking dinner if the girls will let me.  (4-5 is the witching hour around here).  Dinner, bath, bed from 5:30-7:30pm.  Then I work and watch TV (and nest) from 7:30-10:30. Get DD#2 up to dream feed and crash to do it all again the next day.  Most nights, DD#2 still gets up sometime between 2am and 4am to BF.

Weekends are more or less the same.  I'm usually working either from home or out shooting.  

• Options

I get up when the babies get up(between 7:30 and 8:30 most days). I consider my day from when they wake up to when they go to bed at night(8:00). I usually will stay up for another 3-4 hours just to get some Me-Time. I don't think I have a good balance of getting things done and resting. I'm exhausted, which makes me not want to do any house work. I should be doing my chores, but if the opportunity arises for me to take a nap, I do it! Either way, nothing really gets done.

I'm constantly trying to get things cleaned, play with the babies and pay a little attention to myself. Everyone/everything seems to get the shaft, though. I just need to prioritize my time better. Less vegging out in the evening and go to sleep earlier would probably make a world of difference!

Evelyn-Mommy to Ben 9.20.05 and Emily 5.14.07 and Callie 7.10.09! Lilypie Kids Birthday tickersLilypie Fifth Birthday tickers Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • Options
    I get up at 5:00am and go to bed at 10:30pm. No rest in between.
  • Options
    I get up between 5:30 and 6 and go in the bedroom around 11pm but I have a newborn so I usually don't go to sleep until about 12:30 or so depending on when Brayden falls asleep. He usually wakes me up twice throughout the night. Most days I am able to accomplish a lot during the day but it all depends on how good my kids are being.  I rarely feel tired so I guess I am getting enough rest- I do drink several cups of coffee though so that could be a factor too :)
  • Options

I get up around 6:30-7:30 and go to bed around 10:00. My day consists of cleaning, cooking, and more than anything else - breastfeeding. Occasionally we go out for a walk or drive. I stay away from stores, as much as I would love to walk around the mall or Target, because it is too much temptation and we don't have the money for me to go crazy. lol. I don't get a lot of naps because DD keeps me busy. I usually can't "sleep when she sleeps" because she doesn't nap well during the day.

I definitely feel good about getting most things done but I wish I could nap now and then! I am usually up 3-5 times a night, sometimes for up to an hour a time, so I am getting tired.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"