1st Trimester
Options

Found heartbeat 2 days ago on my doppler & can't today!

I have a Sonoline B Doppler, which so far I have heard the heartbeat about three days in a row.  I didn't check yesterday and today I tried for over 1/2 hour and can't find it.  I'm panicking!
Lilypie First Birthday tickers Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Re: Found heartbeat 2 days ago on my doppler & can't today!

• Options
    Check again later.  I don't like to over-use my doppler, but checked last week just to see if I could hear anything this early on - it was a success.  I checked after a long run I did on Saturday, and then again last night after a hard workout.  It took me a while to find it, but eventually it was there...hiding super low.  Try going really slow across your stomach and use a lot of gel.  Fingers crossed for you!
  • Options
    No need to panic!  Remember how small that baby is.  Its not easy to find the heartbeat every time in the first trimester.  With my 2nd son at 10 weeks, even my doctor couldn't find it, but there was nothing to worry about.   Remember, a home doppler is wonderful gift, but if its causing you to panic... you might want to put it away for a few weeks.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Try again later.  Make sure your bladder is empty first. 
    BFP#1 4/17/10...EDD 1/6/11...M/C 5/28/10 BFP#2 11/19/10...EDD 8/4/11 Squeaker born 7/30.
  • Options
    Reason that I'm so scared is I had a missed m/c back in November where doc couldn't find heartbeat at 10 weeks and fetus had passed at 6 weeks.
  • Options
    Drs have trouble finding a heartbeat at 11 weeks. Calm down. That's why those things sometimes cause more worry than its worth.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    You're right! In a way I wish I never purchased it.
  • Options

they usually don't recommend you start using a home doppler until at least 14 weeks of pregnancy as the baby is still so small, that the heartbeat can sometimes be impossible to find, and end up putting the mother through panic attacks, etc. 

I would say if you were able to find it, wait a little while and try again....good luck and honestly...if you're not high risk, have had no problems, try to ease up and relax and not use the doppler too much. you'll just stress yourself out more and the stress will be worse for the baby.  

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options

imagemmbaby32:
    Reason that I'm so scared is I had a missed m/c back in November where doc couldn't find heartbeat at 10 weeks and fetus had passed at 6 weeks.

This just happened to me 2 days ago...I should be 11w4d today... I go Thursday to find out what the next step is.

Dont freak out... just relax and try again in a little while.

BFP #1 10/02/06, EDD 5/1/07 Natural Miscarriage 1 week after BFP

BFP #2 3/28/07, EDD 11/19/07 Natural Miscarriage 2 weeks after BFP

BFP #3 1/16/11, 1st U/S - 1/28/11 HR 132bpm, Missed Miscarriage- 2/28/11, D&C 3/8/11 

March 2011, diagnosed with MTHFR gene mutation

"Dear Lord, I would have loved to have held my babies on my lap and tell them about You, but since I didn't get the chance, would You please hold them on Your lap and tell them about me?

BFP #4 6/26/13, EDD 3/8/14, Delivered @ 40w6d
    Bethany Elizabeth born on 3/14/14 @ 6:48am weighing almost 8lbs 1oz and measuring 20 1/2 inches.

• Options
    Maybe the baby was in the same spot those three days you found it but now it has moved around or maybe turned over to where it's harder to hear/find.
    Married 5/31/08 * TTC#1 9/09 - 2/11
    after anovulatory diagnosis and TTC for 1 1/2yrs with several medicated cycles and one chemical pregnancy, we have our first bundle of joy!
    IT'S A GIRL!
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
    #2 EDD 2/5/13 dx with anti-BIG E antibody, seeing a MFM
    Lilypie Maternity tickers
    VOTE on my Name List
    I don't take one single minute for granted.
  • Options
    I just freaked out and shouldn't have been so quick to post and I apologize.  I had a doctor's appt. this morning and everything is okay.  The little booger just was hiding from me:)  Thanks for all your replies!
  • Options
    It is possible that the baby is turned? I think it's harder to hear if the baby is turned a certain way (forward? I can't remember). This is why my OB doesn't want patients to get dopplers...she says they can't find a h/b, freak out, come in, and she finds it and all is well (I'm sure this is the case for you!). I would freak out too, but it is probably fine. Maybe take a break, drink a little OJ to get baby moving and try again. If it will make you feel better, call your OB and go in, even if just with a nurse, to get it checked out. GL to you!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"