3rd Trimester

NE1 miss work over a hemorrhoid? I can BARELY walk, this is horrible.

Yes, another hemorrhoid post for me today.  I cannot believe how painful this is!!  I have put a call into the nurse but haven't heard back yet.  I cannot move without excruciating pain and my preparation H is doing NOTHING for me.  Is this normal?  Am I going to have to live with this until my c/s next week because of all the pressure (I don't think the bulge is going to go down with all of this pressure)?   Waaaaah!
Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: NE1 miss work over a hemorrhoid? I can BARELY walk, this is horrible.

• I have not, but I have a male coworker who has.  
    Baby Boy Born 3.15.11. 8lb 9oz, 21.75in. 6 month stats: 20lb 11oz (92%tile), 30.12in.(100%tile - who knew it went over 99th? Which means 100% of other 6 month olds are shorter than mine!)
  • umm . . . I have more than one because of my child!!!!  My doctor said that unless my baby flips around and decides to not be sunny-side up, I get to live with it until after delivery.  I wish I could miss work but I can't.  I have found that a really warm shower then follow it with ice works wonders in helping with pain relief.  It doesn't make it go away but at least they aren't so painful.  I found that sitting in a bath was too painful for me.  You can also ask your doctor for a steroid cream for hemorrhoids, that might help too.

• Loading the player...
  • I've heard of doctors giving some sort of cortisone/steroid shot to make it feel better/be smaller. Don't know if it's something your doc can do :( I'm so sorry. Hemorrhoids suck.
  • Ugh, no advice, but I can sympathize! They suck. And I'm afraid that pushing in 8 weeks is going to make them explode!!!
  • It is most likely thrombosed.  You can go to the ER or a colorectal surgeon and have the clot removed from it.  That is the fastest way to get relief.  It's be bad to another day or so after that and then you will be back to normal. 

photo db44578a-7b8c-4755-ad7b-b5de3ca46717.jpg

Baby Birthday Ticker TickerBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• I have not missed because of a 'roid, but I have because of a fissure.  They suck.  Have you tried using the cooling gel and wipes?  I know it's a little different, but that really helped me.  I'm so sorry you have to go through this! Just think...you only have a few more days of work to go!
    image April 2, 2011 Exclusive Pumping Facebook Group http://www.facebook.com/groups/113592028761826/ Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • I've missed work because of them....the prep H cooling is the best cream relief I've found to work for me.  Also, when it's REALLY bad I alternate with hot and cold packs...I have heard that cold witch hazel is amazing!!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"