Baby Names
Options

Name Addvise

before i got prego, i wanted to name my first girl after my grandmother, because she meant the world to me. but i think it may be a little weird. because im named after her as wall what do people think of this would it be to weird
Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: Name Addvise

• Options
    stranger things have happened, but it isn't something I would personally do. How about using her name as your daughter's middle name? 
  • Options

In a lot of cultures, women or sons pass down first names. That's why you'll see a lot of Marias in one family for example. I don't think it's a problem, IMO, for you and your daughter and your grandmother to have the same name. Perhaps, though, you could give her a unique nickname so that she has that special name, but a unique identity as well...

For example, if the name is Mary, your DD could be called Ree. Or if the name being passed down is Teresa, your DD could be Trissy or Tess. 

Best of luck!

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
    Married since 06/19/2004|Anna born 11/19/2006|Charles born 11/1/11
    Double undergrad graduation May 2011| Me: Psychology, DH: Communication| A long journey!
    <a href="http://s21.photobucket.com/albums/b268/gussiebutt/?action=view
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    What's the name? My answer depends on this bit of info.
  • Options
    Gena
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    I like the idea of using it as a middle name if you are hesitant to use it as a first. If you really want to use it as a first name, men do it all the time, why can't women?
  • Options
    My ADVICE ...learn how to spell and use punctuation. Or try harder for some good MUD next time....

bfp 1 - m/c 1.31.11 @ 10 weeks

bfp 2 - baby born via c-section on 5.4.12 @ 37 weeks

bfp 3 - blighted ovum/d&c on 4.13.13 @ 8 weeks

bfp 4 - 3rd IUI, very late BFN with super low P, c/p

bfp 5 - natural bfp while on lupron, baby born via RCS on 4.27.15 @ 39 weeks

bfp 6 - surprise! baby born via RCS on 11.13.16 @ 38 weeks

• Options

imageAshnmike528:
    I like the idea of using it as a middle name if you are hesitant to use it as a first. If you really want to use it as a first name, men do it all the time, why can't women?

This, exactly.

Plus at this point I would say it's a "family name" with both you and your grandmother having the name.

my read shelf:
    Meredith's book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf)
    40/112

Photobucket
  • Options

I would go with MN. Names are used over and over and over in many families, as FNs or MNs. If you are already named after your grandmother, then honor her with Gena as a MN for your daughter.

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"