March 2011 Moms

2nd trip to L&D

This is soo frustrating already. Yesterday I was having contractions every 4-6 minutes for 2hrs. I called the doctor and he said to go into labor and delivery to get checked out cause to him it sounded like I was in early labor. Come to find out I am only 20% effaced and dilated 1/2 centimeter. After sitting there for 3 hours getting monitored and watching the Oscars I was sent home and was told its just going to be a waiting game now until she's ready to pick her birthday.
Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: 2nd trip to L&D

• Ugh, so frustrating! I hear you though and am also waiting for the "early labor" contractions to head toward the real thing. Until I lose my MP, I'm going to keep thinking it's going to be a while. Hang in there!
  • I know how you feel.  I went in last wed. with contractions every 5-7 minutes for a couple of hours.  I waited to see if they got closer but because they lasted so long I went in and they monitored me for 5 hours and they increased in strength but not productive I am still 1cm and 30%.  Went to my normal check up yesterday and no change even though I can go up to 6-8 hours of contractions that are pretty steady but not enough to make a change. I'm getting so frustrated.  This didn't happen the first time around
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"