3rd Trimester
Options

Cervical stretching next week

Okay, guys.  I went in for my 37 week today.  DIlated to a "loose 2" and effacing nicely is how my OB put it.  Due date is March 23 and according to the ultrasound, baby is expected to be anywhere from 9 1/2 to 10 1/2 lbs (my first was 9 lbs. 13 oz,. and induced a week early, so this is no surprise).  Normally, doc would induce me on the 16th if I hadn't gone into labor yet.  BUT...she's out of town for Spring Break.  So my induction date is set for March 20 (BOO!  I'm a teacher and would LOVE to have Spring Break as part of my maternity leave!).

The good news is that I've got my 38 week appointment set up and she's going to stretch my cervix.  If that doesn't work, I'm going in again 5 days later for another appointment (and another cervical stretching) because I won't have another appt. for a week and a half.  She is optimistic that either the first or second stretching will send me into labor.  I REALLY want to have the baby before she goes out of town, because I don't want to spend all Spring Break stressing that I'm going to go into labor and have some stranger deliver my LO.

So here's my question...have you had your cervix stretched and what happened?  Did it work?  If it did, how soon did you go into labor?

TIA!

BabyName Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: Cervical stretching next week

• Options
    No but that sounds really painful!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    SheasSheas member

imageailidespain:
    No but that sounds really painful!

your whole post made me cringe... 9-1/2 to 10-1/2 Lb baby?!  OUCH!  I don't know what sounds more painful though.. just the term "Cervical Stretching" sounds miserable to me.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

Lol, yeah, but that's what epidurals are for.  Big Smile  Honestly, my first was 9 lbs. 13 oz, and it kinda was a piece of cake.  Only pushed for 15 minutes, and he came out healthy and perfect, without even too much of a conehead.  The aftermath for me was a little worse than the usual, but nothing horrific.  Hee hee, maybe I have a bionic vagina.

One of my coworkers said castor oil worked like a charm for her...don't know about that, but if I get really desperate I may go for it.

BabyName Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"