Austin Babies
Options

Do your kids snore?

DS was a loud sleeper as a newborn but he doesn't really snore. DD is straight up snoring now. Like I have to move her to get her to stop. That's not normal is it? I wonder if I should look into it or take her to the doctor.

Re: Do your kids snore?

• Options
    Olivia is only 2 months old, but yes. She snores. It's still cute, but it's outright snoring.
  • Options
    I would let her pediatrician know, and monitor it. Is it just after a cold or during allergy season? Sometimes snoring is just snoring, but sometimes it is an indicator of sleep apnea and can lead to other complications later in life. I hate to be an alarmist, but I was just talking to a doctor about this issue.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

Jack snores. I think it's cute but that's because we can adjust our monitor so I don't have to hear it all night. I get my dose of it when  I go in there while he's asleep and say goodnight. He's still snoring when I wake him up in the mornings.

It might just be this time of year? allergies?  I would mention it to the doctor but I don't think a special trip in would be necessary.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    imagebluestreet:
    I would let her pediatrician know, and monitor it. Is it just after a cold or during allergy season? Sometimes snoring is just snoring, but sometimes it is an indicator of sleep apnea and can lead to other complications later in life. I hate to be an alarmist, but I was just talking to a doctor about this issue.
    I should have mentioned it when DD was in for strep. I do want to make sure it's not sleep apnea. She isn't necessarily sleepy during the day but maybe this is what isn't helping her with her homework in the afternoon. Sometimes her brain shuts down if it's too late in the afternoon.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"