Babies: 9 - 12 Months

has anyone here ever made french macarons?

are they do-able? they're sooo expensive to buy. i want to attempt to make them (w/MIL).
Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: has anyone here ever made french macarons?

• I've never made them, but they look super easy to make. Even the usually convoluted Martha Stewart has a recipe that looks simple enough 

https://www.marthastewart.com/recipe/french-macaroons 

They look super yummy. 

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • imageearthyaky:

I've never made them, but they look super easy to make. Even the usually convoluted Martha Stewart has a recipe that looks simple enough 

https://www.marthastewart.com/recipe/french-macaroons 

They look super yummy. 

from the little research i've done on them, it looks easy, but can be tricky. it's all about getting the exact consistency. well, all i can do is try. if they don't work, oh well. 

• Loading the player...
  • I might have to try the recipe.  My husband LOVES them.  They do seem intimidating to make though.
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • i have tried and failed to make them. I just cannot get them to come out right.
  • I have not, but I just have to say re: macaroons...When they're the only sweets you get during Passover, your taste for them rapidly goes out the window :)
  • imageemsumm:
    I have not, but I just have to say re: macaroons...When they're the only sweets you get during Passover, your taste for them rapidly goes out the window :)

not the coconut macaroons, these are french light flaky cookies. 

• imageMCC1010:
    i have tried and failed to make them. I just cannot get them to come out right.
    This. The cookie parts are notoriously difficult to get to that perfect consistency of crunchy on the outside, chewy on the inside. The filling usually isn't a problem.
  • I consider myself a fairly decent baker with formal training... yet I'm still intimidated to try these to get them the perfect consistency. Gah - one of these days...
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"