3rd Trimester
Options

What do BH contractions feel like?

I apologize if I'm asking an FAQ here, but I just don't have the motivation to scroll through hundreds of posts. I've heard Braxton-Hix don't really hurt, but are just uncomfortable, only last a few seconds, and can start any time in the third trimester. Have you had them? When did they start, and what were they like? I've had a couple sensations now that I thought could have been BH contractions, or it could just be LO pushing on an organ or something. How can I tell?
Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: What do BH contractions feel like?

• Options
    I can't remember when they started for me, but they just basically feel like a tightening or heaviness that lasts just a minute. No pain.
    Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • Options
    Mine actually started early in the second trimester.  And yes, I'm sure that they were BH contractions, because my MW confirmed it, as did L&D when I was admitted for having way too many of them!  They don't typically hurt.  You'll feel a tightening sensation that may make it uncomfortable for you to move.  In my case, I can see my uterus standing out when I have a contraction; it's so weird!  Mine usually last about a minute, and are often brought on by activity (walking briskly, sex, etc.).
    Married to my best friend 6/5/10
    BFP #1 9/7/10, EDD 5/14/11, Violet born 5/27/11.
    BFP #2 4/9/12, EDD 12/16/12, M/C Rory 4/24/12.
    BFP #3 10/6/12, EDD 6/16/12., Matilda born 6/17/13.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Do you ever feel your abdomen get hard/tighten when you pee? That's a common time to experience BH contractions. I've been getting them occasionally since the 2nd tri.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    I just get a tightening over my entire stomach.  It's not painful (yet) but it is slightly uncomfortable.  I do notice that when I am stressed I get them a lot more often.  Usually it helps to lay down and drink lots of water.  You may be having them without even knowing it.
    image April 2, 2011 Exclusive Pumping Facebook Group http://www.facebook.com/groups/113592028761826/ Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    It definitely feels like a muscle tightening, and sometimes takes my breath away for a couple seconds, although it doesn't hurt. The thing that has me questioning is that I only feel it in my lower abdomen, not in my entire stomach like I've heard it described. I am carrying very, very low, though. (Sometimes LO kicks me in the hip!)
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"