Breastfeeding

Random large lump in boob today

Hurts...painful to the touch. And slight pain even when not touching. When I press it, it feels like a mass, not a cliff duct bc it's bigger than that I think...I would say it feels like it's the size of LOs fist, maybe? All around the outer part of my boob. My production seems lower, last week or two, if that adds any important detail. I've never had a clogged duct and this feels larger...What is it?

Re: Random large lump in boob today

• It does sound like a clogged duct. Apply a warm, moist compress for 20 min before nursing or pumping. Then massage the spot while nursing/pumping. www.kellymom.com has more info and tips on clogged ducts. You want to get it cleared out before it gets infected and turns into mastitis.
    someecardscom - Im well on my way to getting absolutely nothing done today
    DD1: allergic to eggs & dairy Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    c/p 4/1/11

DD2: milk and soy protein intolerant, allergic to eggs, soy, peanuts, tree nuts, sesame, bananasBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    MSPI Moms Check-In Blog
  • imageshotzie:
    It does sound like a clogged duct. Apply a warm, moist compress for 20 min before nursing or pumping. Then massage the spot while nursing/pumping. www.kellymom.com has more info and tips on clogged ducts. You want to get it cleared out before it gets infected and turns into mastitis.

I've had several and sounds like a clogged duct to me too.  Do this exactly!

PPD/PPA Mom...it has been super hard, but I'm making it! Slow steps...
    Mom to Carter (6), and Calianne (1).  
    Proud VBAC, natural birth, breastfeeding, cloth diapering momma!

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"