Babies on the Brain
Options

Speaking of names

I just found out today that DH has been spelling our boy name differently than the "traditional" spelling. I actually thought it was spelled with two a's, but I'm a heathen so I had it wrong.

[Poll]

Re: Speaking of names

• Options
    Non-traditional spellings bother me.  A lot.  Especially that one.
  • Options

Love Samuel, but Samual gets the side-eye from me.  LOL.  Do people really spell it that way?

P.S.  I love you.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

Yep, people really do spell it that way. I believe it's in the top 100 boy names last year. I haven't even mentioned it to DH yet, so it may become an issue if that's how he wants to spell it. Well, not an issue for me, since I like it better that way, but an issue for everyone else who knows the "right" way to spell it. (seriously, I grew up thinking that was how it was spelled.)

Edit - I meant 2009, though I just searched and it's not there. Ah, well, I'll just have to tell DH he's spelling our son's name wrong. Stick out tongue

• Options
    results look pretty unanimous... I've *never* seen it spelled any other way than "Samuel" FWIW.  I'm pretty sure that's how it's spelled in all versions of the bible as well but I could be wrong.
    July 20th, 2012: Never forget the day the fb douchebags tried so hard, but ultimately failed. Viva la October 2011! Yeah, I called you douchebags.

BFP 1/18/11, EDD 10/1/11. Born at 37w5d on 9/15/11. AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers

***BFP Chart***

"There will come a time when you believe everything is finished. That will be the beginning.

• Options
    I mean, if you both like it you can spell your kid's name however you want.  It's NMS to use non-traditional spellings but it's not my vagina we're talking about here.
  • Options
    I can't stand younique spellings, even mild variations like this bug the crap out of me. 

imageimage
    2 years, 2 surgeries, 2 clomid fails, 2 IUIs, 1 loss, IVF #1 - 10/25/10 = BFP!, DS is now 3.5yrs!
    TTC #2 - 6/12 surgery #3, FET #1 & 1.2 = BFN, 12/2012 FET #2 = BFP! DD is 1.5 yrs!
    Surprise! 12/16/14 BFP, loss #2 12/31/14

I can't wait for the "im getting a divorce" post in 5 years or so because your husbands were fed up with your disgusting chair asses from playing on the knot all day and getting fired 4-5 times for not doing any work. you guys are all winners!! ~ Laur929

• Options

imageHappyAardvark:
    results look pretty unanimous... I've *never* seen it spelled any other way than "Samuel" FWIW.  I'm pretty sure that's how it's spelled in all versions of the bible as well but I could be wrong.

This is where me being a heathen comes in. I think I'll just get used to it with an 'e.'

• Options

I'm thinking the NT spelling would have to be corrected all.the.time and end up being a giant PITA.

Warning: Bring Your Own Tissues...
    imageimageimage Sushi Sister to Meg 'n' Eric
    "I love glitterfarts and pregnant unicorns." ~ Tim'sWifey
    "Pregnancy is a beautiful thing, a natural thing, and how dare you degrade it with your yuppie wanna be rapper and his rhymes." ~ Melaneigh
    "Keep your eyes wide open before marriage, and half shut afterwards." Benjamin Franklin
  • Options
    I really like the traditional spelling of it much better.  In fact, that is Malachi's middle name.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    imageChatham2007:

I'm thinking the NT spelling would have to be corrected all.the.time and end up being a giant PITA.

I was pretty much headed that direction for this reason. However it's no guarantee; DD's name is traditionally spelled, and plenty of Jackasses spell it wrong (including most of her elementary school teachers and several of DH's family members.)

• Options
    I would use Samuel over Samual. {Just make sure you don't call him Sam.}
    Blog | Twitter | Facebook

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers imageimage image

Photo courtesy of mrs_b

• Options

imageMrsVonKikabee:

LOL, sorry, he will be Sam, that's why the name Samuel. But NEVER Sammy.

• Options

imageMrsVonKikabee:

{dead}

Baby in a Blue Teapot
    Tempest in a Blue Teapot, food and everything else
    AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
    BabyFruit Ticker
    "You live, you learn, you drink, and move on." ~ Rotty
  • Options
    imageakalutts:

imageMrsVonKikabee:

::whispers:: you know I was joking, right?

Blog | Twitter | Facebook

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers imageimage image

Photo courtesy of mrs_b

• Options
    imageMrsVonKikabee:
    imageakalutts:

imageMrsVonKikabee:

::whispers:: you know I was joking, right?

aka = SLOW

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"